Fleece is a versatile and durable man-made fabric and is an important part of the outdoor clothing industry.
A ladies fleece jacket can be used during cool days as they are warm and comfortable yet breathable at the same time.
Fleece jackets are also often windproof and water-resistant or water-repellent – which is not regular for fleece tops.
Ladies fleece jackets provide warmth and thermal insulation and keep you comfortable in wet and cold conditions.
These jackets have major benefits over other fabrics, so let’s take a look at the pros of fleece jackets for outdoor activities.
The pros of ladies fleece jackets for outdoor activities
- Warmth: Fleece material is warm due to its structure. Air becomes trapped between the fibers in the pile and this creates excellent thermal insulation, even in the coldest and wettest conditions.
- Warm in rain and moisture: When worn over an inner layer a waterproof fleece jacket can keep you warm in about any weather. And if you are participating in outdoor activities and are on the move, a fleece jacket is effective in cold and wet weather – keeping you warm and dry. Fleece is able to move moisture and warm you fast enough even in the coldest conditions.
- Highly breathable: Fleece can be inherently water-repellent when it’s created with hydrophobic material such as polyester. And with this in mind, it continues to be breathable even when it’s wet, making it the ideal material for cold and wet conditions.
- Quick drying and moisture wicking: Fleece is hydrophobic meaning that it is able to repel and doesn’t absorb or retain moisture. Fleece fabric jackets allow for hydrophilic treatment to modify the surface and increase the surface energy. This enhances the wettability of the material meaning that the fabric is able to distribute moisture evenly across its surface for a more efficient transportation.
- Longevity and durability: Fleece is a sturdy material as it is made from polyester – and polyester is a highly durable material. This means that your fleece jacket is able to withstand the elements and offers longevity – making for a good investment.
- Lightweight: Fleet is a lightweight material which makes it excellent for outdoor activities such as hiking, mountaineering and trail running. Not only will it protect you from the elements, it moves with your body as opposed to against it.
- Non-itch softness: Fleece was created to imitate wool but comes without the cons of wool. Wool is renowned for creating itchy skin and causing skin problems, and fleece is designed to keep your skin protected from the elements without causing any irritation. It is also easier to wash and clean than wool – and makes for longevity.
- No shrinking: Unlike wool, fleece jackets don’t shrink in the wash or in moisture, making for longevity and durability.
Types of ladies fleece jackets
Fleece jackets are varied and come in an array of styles for a variety of outdoor activities. Below, we take a look at some fleece jacket options you can choose from.
- Lightweight fleece jacket
A lightweight fleece jacket is thinner and more breathable than its counterparts. It is highly functional and versatile and can be worn on runs or while going for a brisk walk to your local grocery store.
Lightweight fleece also works with your body movement and doesn’t make you feel restricted in the slightest way.
This type of fleece is great for hiking in cold weather as it provides just enough warmth and regulates your body temperature when you start to get warmer on your hike.
- Midweight fleece jacket
The midweight fleece jacket is used for cold-weather hiking and is also beloved for campers – especially those camping in wetter conditions.
Midweight fleece jackets offer greater thermal insulation than lightweight fleece jackets however, they offer less flexibility.
These jackets should be close-fitting to trap warm air effectively. A midweight fleece jacket also often comes with a high collar with a chin guard to keep your face and neck warm – stopping warm air from escaping.
The zipper on your midweight fleece jacket should be easy to use as you are able to better regulate temperature when your body starts to warm up.
With a variety of ladies fleece jackets on the market today, find one that suits your lifestyle and stay warm and dry in the great outdoors – even in the coldest months.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
Read more business articles from our guest authors at SugerMint.