Arvind Kejriwal, Delhi Chief Minister on Sunday said that Delhi will implement centre’s decision to open local shops.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday said the Delhi government will implement Centre’s decision of opening local shops in the national capital.
Centre Government allows some shops to open from Saturday. “Centre decided to open some shops, the Delhi government is implementing it here too. In containment zones, nothing changes.
Arvind Kejriwal also said that we have now decided to stick to centre’s latest guidelines and no other relaxations will be allowed” till May 3.
In Delhi, single mall, markets, and market complexes will not reopen. Only standalone neighbourhood shops will be allowed to open.
Fruits/vegetable shops, Medical stores, dairy, grocery stores will remain open,” he added.
Moreover, standalone shops in neighborhood shops residential areas will also open, Arvind Kejriwal further said.
The central government has allowed certain shops to reopen from Saturday. Arvind Kejriwal also added that the decision about the lockdown extension will be taken on 27th April.
Arvind Kejriwal also clarified that the government will not relax lockdown restrictions till May 3, said while addressing an online media briefing.
What will open:
- Shops in market complexes, residential complexes, municipalities, and outside the municipal corporations will be allowed to open.
- Standalone shops, Neighbourhood shops, and shops in residential complexes, within the limits of municipalities and municipal corporations, will be allowed to open.
- In rural and semi-rural areas, all the Shops, small shops, and Market complexes have been allowed to open.
What will remains closed:
- Shops in market complexes
- Shops in single-brand and multi-brand malls
- Cinema halls
- gymnasiums, sports complexes
- shopping complexes, swimming pools,
- bars and auditoriums, theatres
- entertainment parks, assembly halls
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
As of Saturday, The total number of the containment zones in Delhi stands at 95. Delhi has reported 54 deaths and nearly 2,600 coronavirus cases.