Assim Gupta, CEO of Closeloop Technologies
At Sugermint, our aim is to bring to our entrepreneurs and startups community some of the inspiring and motivational stories from the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
As part of this endeavour, we invited yet another successful entrepreneur Assim Gupta, CEO of Closeloop Technologies, a California based software and app development company for an exclusive interview with us.
Tell us a little about yourself
Assim Gupta: I am Assim Gupta, CEO of Closeloop Technologies. Born and raised in the Indian state of Punjab and graduated from Punjab Engineering College with a Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) degree in Electronics and Computer Science (1993), followed by an MBA from the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade in International Marketing & Finance (1994-1996).
I secured an Advanced Project Management Certificate from Stanford University thereafter that empowered me with management skills, methodologies of IPS Learning (IPS) on real-life processes and tools to become a profound leader and manager.
Talking about my work experience, I have worked with companies like Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Oracle, VMWare, SGI, and Essar as a product management and software engineering specialist.
Please tell us a little about your entrepreneurial journey.
Assim Gupta: I have always been an avid entrepreneurship believer and started a few companies in the past, of which Closeloop is close to my heart.
I always wanted to work for the betterment of society, and through Closeloop, we are doing just that, empowering businesses digitally across the globe.
We are helping not just big enterprises with their software engineering needs, process automation, product innovation and strategy but also startups and small and medium-scale companies to grow business digitally and achieve greater heights.
What services do you offer at Closeloop Technologies?
Assim Gupta: As a technology company, we provide the following services:
- Native mobile app development (iOS and Android)
- Hybrid mobile app development (cross-platform apps)
- Web app development (PHP, CakePHP, MongoDB, MySQL, Laravel, WordPress, Angular, React, Node and others)
- Custom software development
- Cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and Kubernetes)
- eCommerce and CMS development (Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce)
- ERP / CRM solution development (NetSuite, Salesforce, Zoho, Zuora)
- AI app development
- Wearable application development
- IoT app development
- AR/VR application development
- Chatbot app development
- Blockchain development
- Data analytics
- Software engineering consulting
- Process automation
- Product and strategy development
- Concept validation and product ideation
- UI/UX design and development
- Prototyping solutions
What is unique about your label brand?
Assim Gupta: Closeloop is an integrated, customer-focused technology company that keeps client satisfaction on top of its priority and work agendas.
We offer unparalleled services irrespective of your business type, size, industry or sector. Distinguishing factors that make us exclusive in the app market business are:
- C-level consulting services: you get expert recommendations and suggestions from CTO/CMO/CEO.
- Seed to enterprise assistance: we help your startup grow and scale.
- Full-stack development and innovation: we provide innovative end-to-end solutions.
What made you choose this type of business?
Assim Gupta: I am a software engineer and have always had an inclination toward computers and gadgets. Since the day I started working professionally for other brands, I had a thing at the back of my mind to start my own venture. Software was my thing from the start.
What was your mission at the outset?
Assim Gupta: To help businesses start online operations with smart digital solutions that are scalable, flexible, and innovative to beat the competition; and assist bigger organizations in managing their business better with process automation, product and strategy development for sustainable growth.
How many employees are in your organization?
Assim Gupta: We are a team of 100+ now.
What are your company’s goals?
Assim Gupta: We are clear that we want to establish ourselves as the friendliest, cooperative, and innovative technology company in the world.
What have been some of your failures, and what have you learned from them?
Assim Gupta: Everyone commits errors, makes wrong choices, and ends up ruining everything that took a lot of effort, time and money. As an entrepreneur or an innovator, you should have a daring personality.
I’d say don’t be afraid to start and don’t spend too much time preparing yourself. Just get the basics in place, have a solid team that can match your mindset and growth trajectory and start working. Be flexible and agile in everything that comes your way.
What was the inspiration behind turning an entrepreneur
Assim Gupta: Who doesn’t want to be an entrepreneur? If you conduct a random survey, more than 90-95% of people would say at some point in life they would like to own a business.
From a very early age, I had entrepreneurial grit. It kept me motivated, introduced me to a number of like-minded people who inspired me, and made me believe in myself and dream big. I hustled my way to becoming an entrepreneur who is passionate and ambitious.
Key things to consider before starting a startup?
- Make a solid team whom you can trust
- Don’t underestimate the power of networking
- Have a technical co-founder
- Research well and always have a mentor or advisor by your side
- Manage your finances well; every penny is worth a million dollars
Your success tips for young and aspiring entrepreneurs
- Believe in yourself and your startup idea
- Never quit instead look to overcome challenges and move ahead
- Always listen to your mentor
- Keep hustling
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories