As we all know, vegetarian food/cuisine is based on all vegetarian standards. In this, we do not include meat & animal tissue products like gelatine or animal-derived rennet. But if we are thinking about vegan recipes any of milk product is not included.
Here in this homemade recipe of chocolate appam I did not use any of milk product like milk, butter etc.
In addition, one more thing I used whole-wheat flour to make it healthier. One more thing it is not baked in OTG Oven or cooked in microwave, I made it in appam maker to give super special all-time favourite-burnt effect to this recipe.
Let us cook and enjoy this delicious chocolaty recipe today. Enjoy cooking.
For Healthy Vegan Chocolate Appam:
Preparation time: 5 to 7 minutes
Cooking time 7 to 10 minutes
Makes 12 appams
Ingredients to make Healthy Vegan Chocolate Appam:
½-cup whole-wheat flour
½-cup caster sugar
¼-teaspoon baking soda
¼-teaspoon soda bi carb
A pinch salt
2-tablespoon cocoa powder
1½-teaspoon coffee powder
25 ml oil (odourless)
3 to 4 tablespoon chopped & roasted walnuts
or chocolate chips
Oil for greasing (odourless)
Ingredients to make chocolate truffle:
250 grams grated dark compound chocolate
200 ml water
1-teaspoon coffee powder
Method to make Healthy Vegan Chocolate Appam:
- Mix all dry ingredients of Healthy Vegan Chocolate Appam in a pan and mix well.
- Add oil to it and again mix properly.
- Now it is time to add water to it & mix properly.
- Grease appam maker and pour the batter in to it. Cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes at medium to low flame.
- Shut the flame and keep aside for 2 minutes covered.
- Again, cook for 2 minutes at slow flame and check with knife or toothpick. If not cooked yet again cook for 1 to 1 ½ minutes at slow flame.
- When ready let it cool at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When cool remove from appam maker carefully as it will be very soft.
For Chocolate Truffle:
- Mix all ingredients of truffle in a microwave proof bowl and cook until melt.
How to serve Healthy Vegan Chocolate Appam:
- Arrange Healthy Vegan Chocolate Appam in a serving plate and pour hot chocolate truffle on it. Garnish with chopped walnuts or chocolate chips.
- That is all; our super delicious Healthy Vegan Chocolate Appam is ready to serve.
- For better result, it is advisable to store appam at room temperature.
- You can store appam at room temperature up to 12 hours, and then refrigerate it in airtight container.
- Always take all ingredients of appam at room temperature for better result.
|Business Tools Recommended by SugerMint
Best Web Hosting Service
For business website with Free Domain Name