As we all know, vegetarian food/cuisine is based on all vegetarian standards. In this, we do not include meat & animal tissue products like gelatine or animal-derived rennet. But if we are thinking about vegan recipes any of milk product is not included.
Here in this homemade recipe of chocolate appam I did not use any of milk product like milk, butter etc.
In addition, one more thing I used whole-wheat flour to make it healthier. One more thing it is not baked in OTG Oven or cooked in microwave, I made it in appam maker to give super special all-time favourite-burnt effect to this recipe.
Let us cook and enjoy this delicious chocolaty recipe today. Enjoy cooking.
For Healthy Vegan Chocolate Appam:
Preparation time: 5 to 7 minutes
Cooking time 7 to 10 minutes
Makes 12 appams
Ingredients to make Healthy Vegan Chocolate Appam:
½-cup whole-wheat flour
½-cup caster sugar
¼-teaspoon baking soda
¼-teaspoon soda bi carb
A pinch salt
2-tablespoon cocoa powder
1½-teaspoon coffee powder
25 ml oil (odourless)
3 to 4 tablespoon chopped & roasted walnuts
or chocolate chips
Oil for greasing (odourless)
Ingredients to make chocolate truffle:
250 grams grated dark compound chocolate
200 ml water
1-teaspoon coffee powder
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
Method to make Healthy Vegan Chocolate Appam:
- Mix all dry ingredients of Healthy Vegan Chocolate Appam in a pan and mix well.
- Add oil to it and again mix properly.
- Now it is time to add water to it & mix properly.
- Grease appam maker and pour the batter in to it. Cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes at medium to low flame.
- Shut the flame and keep aside for 2 minutes covered.
- Again, cook for 2 minutes at slow flame and check with knife or toothpick. If not cooked yet again cook for 1 to 1 ½ minutes at slow flame.
- When ready let it cool at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When cool remove from appam maker carefully as it will be very soft.
For Chocolate Truffle:
- Mix all ingredients of truffle in a microwave proof bowl and cook until melt.
How to serve Healthy Vegan Chocolate Appam:
- Arrange Healthy Vegan Chocolate Appam in a serving plate and pour hot chocolate truffle on it. Garnish with chopped walnuts or chocolate chips.
- That is all; our super delicious Healthy Vegan Chocolate Appam is ready to serve.
- For better result, it is advisable to store appam at room temperature.
- You can store appam at room temperature up to 12 hours, and then refrigerate it in airtight container.
- Always take all ingredients of appam at room temperature for better result.