Chur Chur Naan – Amritsari kulcha is an oval shaped Indian bread; it is fluffy & very delicious. A popular Indian bread goes perfectly with delicious chhole, gravy vegetable or any dal.
Stuffed flat bread with generous amount of ghee /clarified butter & thick, flaky texture will not let you stop at just one! It mostly tastes like heaven with chhole or dal makhani.
For many North Indians the recipe of chur chur naan on tawa may be familiar, but for rest of Indians this may not be a common dish. I guess the recipe might have originated from the streets of Amritsar.
Here this is a recipe of Chur Chur Naan/Amritsari Chur Chur Kulcha on tawa/griddle. Let us make this super delicious, popular recipe at home without tandoor.
This popular North Indian flat bread recipe is made with refined flour/wheat flour with stuffing. Unlike other naan bread recipes which require side dish, but this comes with spicy stuffing and hence not mandatory.
You can make your favourite stuffing from paneer, potato, vegetables or cheese as per your choice. When it has to serve alone stuffing is made spicy & delicious.
However, in case it is served with dal or chhole then stuffing has to be little bit mild. The taste of this bread would not disappoint you.
The spiced combination of boiled and mashed potatoes with moist and creamy paneer, cheese & may be vegetable makes it the best naan recipe. Compare to traditional naan this naan is more filling.
As I mention above it may be served with side dish like chhole or dal. Moreover, it can be served as paratha with any choice of spicy pickle and raita.
|Business Tools Recommended by SugerMint
Free Email Marketing Tool
Fast and 100% free
Today we are going to serve it with delicious Chhole. In fact, you can also make the same naan with different stuffing like gobi, peas and even carrot etc. Enjoy cooking!
Make Macaroni Soup at Home – Pasta Soup Recipe
Cheese Corn Tomato Soup Recipe – One more Filling Soup
Healthy Veg Tawa Pulav Recipe for your single meal lunch or dinner
Palak Paneer Pulav Recipe – a healthy rice dish
- Preparation time – 10 minutes
- Cooking time 5 to 7 minutes
- Makes 2 naan
Ingredients to make Chur Chur Naan – Amritsari Kulcha:
¾ cup refined flour
Salt to taste
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoon ghee/clarified butter
1 tablespoon curd
Ghee to spread
Dry rice flour for dusting
- 100 gram paneer
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese
- 3 tablespoon grated boiled potato
- Salt to taste
- A pinch garam masalo
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli flacks
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoon finely chopped green chilli
- Butte as needed
- Finely chopped coriander
Method to make Chur Chur Naan – Amritsari Kulcha:
- In a mixing bowl, add refined flour, salt, baking soda, and ghee. Mix properly and then add curd to it. Again, mix well and knead soft dough from it. Make smooth dough & knead for minimum 5 minutes. Keep a side covered for 10 minutes.
- After that, again knead the dough & roll thin disc from it. Spread some ghee over it and then sprinkle dry rice flour or refined flour over it. Fold it to make roll from it.
- Keep it aside covered for five minutes in refrigerator or cool place.
- Cut it in two equal parts and keep a side covered.
- Mix all ingredients of stuffing in a bowl. Be careful while adding salt. Because, we are going to add cheese & chaat masala in it. Make two equal balls from it.
How to assemble:
- On a rolling pin spread a part of dough and stuff panner stuffing in it.
- Seal properly and then flatten it with moist fingers. Apply some coriander leaves on the top and then roll semi-thick naan from it.
- I want the same crispy texture on both the sides. Therefore, I am making it on non-stick tawa, you may use regular iron tawa also.
- Now, it is time to brush some water on the back of the naan. Place backside on the tawa.
- Cook at medium flame and then flip it. (In case of iron tawa, flip tawa on flame & make it crispy.)
- When it looks like little crispy on tawa. Remove it from tawa and roast it on open flame from both sides to make it super crispy same as phulka roti.
- Place it on flat surface and crumble lightly.
- Spread butter over hot naan.
- Hot, crispy and delicious Chur Chur Naan – Amritsari Kulcha is ready to serve.
I served it with chhole & onion. However, it can be served with dal, veg.curry, pickle or simple curd also. My platter is accompanied by soft & spongy Rasgulla.