Must be surprised! Cucumber in buttermilk? That is true. Adding cucumber in buttermilk adds a cooling taste with very pretty light green colour.
Normally I add mint, coriander leaves & cumin powder to my daily buttermilk. In regular use, I am having single fat milk & homemade curd from it. Therefore, to give some creamy ness to this buttermilk I tried to add some milk also.
I avoid adding salt daily. I just love simple cool buttermilk. However, in this homemade recipe of buttermilk I added crushed cucumber, salt, black salt & a little twist of green chilly. Believe me it was awesome.
I would like to discuss some health benefits of this buttermilk with you. Some of them are as bellow.
As we, all know buttermilk is a healthy Indian traditional drink. It is advisable to drink this super drink with meal, after meal or at any time. It reduces acidity & reduces blood pressure. It gives instant cooling effect means it may prevent dehydration.
As buttermilk is made from homemade curd, it is rich in calcium. On the other hand, we are going to add cucumber, to this. Cucumber is high in Nutrients.
They are low in calories but high in many important vitamins and minerals. It contains Antioxidants & Promotes Hydration. Cucumber is good for weight loss. Mint is rich in Nutrients. It improves brain function. Coriander is rich in immune-boosting antioxidants. It promotes digestion.
Let us enjoy this summer with this homemade super drink Cucumber Buttermilk. Enjoy cooking.
- Preparation time – 5 to 7 minutes
- Cooking time – nil
- Serves – 2 glasses (big)
Ingredients to make Cucumber Buttermilk:
- Fresh curd of 500-ml milk
- 100-ml. milk
- 1 fresh cucumber
- ¼-cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼-cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 small green chilli (opt.)
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon black salt
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
Method to make Cucumber Buttermilk:
- Wash & chop fresh coriander & mint leaves.
- Wash & chop cucumber. Remove the skin if necessary.
- In a mixer jar add all ingredients of buttermilk & churn properly. You can add some ice cubes at this time. (In case you want to avoid ice then refrigerate buttermilk for minimum 30 minutes.)
- Pour cool drink in the serving glasses.
Super healthy Cucumber Buttermilk is ready to serve.