Deep Bajaj, Founder& CEO, Sirona Hygiene Private Limited
An award-winning social entrepreneur, Deep Bajaj is the Founder & CEO of Sirona, a modern intimate and menstrual hygiene brand committed to solving those feminine hygiene issues that are not adequately addressed.
In Sirona, Deep leads major corporate decisions and manages cross- functional operations. Since 2016, Deep has won multiple recognitions and awards for his entrepreneurial efforts. Some recent accomplishments include:
- Business World ’40 under 40’ 2020
- PhD Chamber of Commerce ‘Award for Excellence – Start-up’ 2020
- Business World ‘Young Entrepreneur Award’ 2020
- Economic Times ‘Startup of the Year’ (Social Enterprise)
- ET ‘Top 25 start ups’ 2019
- Tie ‘The Spirit of Manufacturing’ award
- Economic Times ‘Innovation Award’ (Inclusion)
- ‘National Entrepreneurship Award’ – Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Govt of India
- ‘ET 40 under 40’ list by Economic Times -2018
- ‘Fortune 40 Under 40’ – 2018
- Winner, ET NOW ‘Lufthansa Runway to Success’ – Season 5 from amongst 64,000 startups
- Winner, ‘Wellness Product of the Year’ at ‘Entrepreneur’ Magazine Start-up Awards 2018
- Top ‘50 Emerging Global Companies’ in the India Emerging program
- Winner, ‘20 Most Promising Baby Health & Safety Product Companies’, Silicon India
- ABBY Gold Winner under Special Category for PeeBuddy ‘Urine Control’ video 2018
- Silver winner at Indian Digital Marketing Award for Girliyapa-PeeBuddy campaign, ‘To Pee or Not to Pee’
- ‘100 Global Social Entrepreneurs’ in SE’s Inspiring Social Enablers program
- 100 Emerging Start-ups : India Network
- ‘Social Entrepreneur of The Year’ 2016 by Entrepreneur Magazine
- ‘Top 12 Best Social Entrepreneurs’ in 2016 by NDTV, The Real Deal
A B.com graduate from Delhi University and a marketing graduate from ‘Australian National University’, Canberra, Australia, Deep’s professional experience spans over 14 years.
He started his entrepreneurial journey with events and advertising at Thyme Advertising (Partner | Director).
Later, he ventured into handmade carpets business with his wife, as a part of an award-winning team at Carpet Couture by Rashi, a brand aimed at high-end hotels and residences.
Leveraging his key strengths like relationship management, strategic planning and marketing, he executed super-luxury projects across the globe as a part of ‘Carpet Couture’.
Being a keen observer of troubling feminine issues, Deep saw the lack of solutions to the issue of toilet hygiene that women face on a daily basis.
To fill this critical gap, he started Sirona (originally known as First Step Digital) in 2015. The company has since been disrupting the face of feminine intimate hygiene space in the country with problem solving products like PeeBuddy, India’s First FUD (Stand & Pee) followed by SIRONA menstrual cups, Tampons etc.
The team has also innovated many products like India’s first herbal period pain relief patches, oxo degradable disposal bags, anti-chafing rash cream, colored biodegradable sanitary pads etc.
His story has been covered by best of media publications including Forbes, Fortune, HT, Yahoo, Times of India, Economic Times, Outlook etc.
Before Sirona, Deep was also part of Pramati Care, in non-executive capacity. Deep loves to support startups and budding entrepreneurs and speaks frequently at startup events.
He has also graced numerous forums at the country’s top educational institutions like the Indian School of Business, IIT, IIM, TiE etc. as a panellist and a judge.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/deepbajaj
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/bajaj.deep
Medium – https://deepbajaj.medium.com