Let’s enjoy cooking Double Chocolate Peanut Chikki.
Love to eat Chocolate Peanut Chikki but don’t have the time to make? Well, we bring you simple and quick recipes that can be rustled up within 30 minutes without requiring much effort.
Winter is here. And here is a special festival of winter – Uttrayan/Makar Sakranti. It marks the beginning of the sun’s transition into the zodiac of Capricorn.
This is the only festival to fall on a fixed date every year. And that is on the 14th of January. Sesame, peanut, and puff rice chikki is eaten during this festival.
As we all know peanuts are rich in energy. They contain nutrients, minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins.
Today it’s a homemade recipe of peanut chikki with a little twist. Yes, it’s chocolate peanut chikki.
Preparation time – 5 to 7 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Ingredients to make Double Chocolate Peanut Chikki:
1 cup jaggery – grated
1 1/2 cups crushed peanut
1 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/2 tablespoon drinking chocolate powder
1 teaspoon coffee powder
Ghee for greasing
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
Melted dark chocolate compound for covering
Method to make Double Chocolate Peanut Chikki:
- First of all grease a flat surface with ghee. Also, grease rolling pin.
- In a non-stick pan add grated jaggery and cook at a very slow flame. Cook till jaggery chashni is ready. ( To check the chashni take 2 to 3 tablespoon water in a small bowl and put a drop of hot jaggery chashni in it. If turns in firm ball) If it is ready to add cocoa powder, coffee powder, and drinking chocolate powder to it. Shut down the flame and then add roasted and crushed peanuts to it. Mix well. (I crushed peanuts in chili cutter.)
- Immediately spread over greased surfaces with the help of a greased rolling pin. You may take a backside of the plate also.
- Cut in the desired shape with a sharp knife or pizza cutter when hot.
- Let it cool at room temperature for 4 to 5 minutes and then remove from greased surface to another plate.
- When it is cool completely dip half portion in dark chocolate and set over butter paper.
- When totally cool it will give crisp sound. Now our Double Chocolate Peanut Chikki is ready to eat.
- Store in an airtight container. Shelf life may be more than 15 days.