Pav Bhaji Quesadillas, Easy Recipes for Breakfast | Easy Recipes for Snacks
Pav Bhaji Quesadilla is a fusion recipe. Fusion cuisine/recipe is cuisine that combines elements of different culinary traditions.
They are originated from different regions, cultures or countries. They are not according to any particular cuisine style. They are just because of innovations. Fusion food means, food based on one culture, but they are prepared by using ingredients & flavours of another culture.
For example, today we are going to prepare Pav Bhaji Quesadilla. It is a fusion of Indian Mexican American recipe.
Pav Bhaji is a fast food from Indian region. It is a thick vegetable curt served with soft bread roll. This vegetable curry may include potatoes, onions, carrots, chillies, peas, bell peppers, tomatoes & many more. This Indian dish is from Maharashtra.
On the other hand, quesadilla is a Mexican & American dish. It is made from tortilla that is filled with some vegetarian or non-vegetarian stuffing with cheese, spices and sauces. They are cooked on griller or tawa.
In our recipe of Pav Bhaji Quesadilla, good quantity of fresh vegetables is use. In this recipe we can make healthier version by preparing whole wheat quesadilla instead of refined flour.
In short, this is a healthier version of street style pav bhaji. Actually, I invented this recipe during lockdown of Covid pandemic. I did not want to purchase any bakery product from outside at that time.
So I made this fusion & believe me it was outstanding. So let us prepare this healthy, delicious, innovative, and Easy Recipes of Pav Bhaji Quesadilla today.
It is a good option for weekend dinner or may be a good option as a party menu. With bite size quesadilla, you can serve it as starter also. Enjoy Cooking!
- Preparation time 25 to 30 minutes
- Cooking time 10 minutes
- Makes 2 quesadillas
Ingredients to make Pav Bhaji Quesadilla:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ghee/clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon curd
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- Dry rice flour for dusting
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon green chilli paste
- 1 small tomato finely chopped (in chopper)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup boiled and mashed potato
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped cabbage
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon boiled green peas
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped capsicum
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin coriander powder
- A pinch black salt
- 1 to 1 ½ tablespoon Everest pav bhaji masala
- A hand full of finely chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Finely chopped onion
- Finely chopped coriander
- Butter for shallow frying
- Garlic chutney (opt)
Method to make Pav Bhaji Quesadilla:
- Mix all ingredients of quesadilla in a mixing bowl & knead semi-soft dough from it. Knead it for 3 to 4 minutes. Grease with some oil & cover it. Keep a side covered for minimum 15 minutes.
- After that, again knead it & make 4-equal sized balls from it.
- Roll semi thick disc from it. Take dry rice flour for dusting if needed. Roast on tawa. Make sure not to crisp. Make soft tortilla, as we have to roast it with butter again.
- Repeat the same for remaining.
- Let it cool at room temperature.
- Keep a side in a container.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chilli, ginger & garlic paste to it. Mix well & sauté for a minute.
- Now it is time to add onion. Sauté until it turns light pink in colour. Add finely chopped capsicums to it. Add tomatoes and again sauté until the paste release the oil.
- Add butter & all dry masala to it. Cook well for 1 to 2 minutes. At this stage, add 1 to 2 spoons water to avoid spices to burn.
- When it releases pleasant aroma, add all boiled vegetables. Adjust consistency by adding water and cook well. Remember we have to spread it over quesadilla, so do not add much water. Cook it for 4 to 5 minutes. Meanwhile mash lightly.
- When ready add coriander leaves & mix. You can add lemon juice to it at this stage. Let it cool.
How to assemble:
- Take a tortilla on flat surface; spread little butter over it to lock moisture. After butter spread garlic chutney over it, this is optional.
- Now it is time to spread bhaji over it. Cover with chopped onion & coriander leaves. Cover with another tortilla. Make sure to apply butter on both the sides of tortilla.
- Carefully place it on hot tawa/griddle. Shallow-fry it with butter. At this time, you can sprinkle some pav bhaji masala. Make it little crisp.
- Remove and repeat the same for remaining.
- Cut them in 4-parts & then sprinkle dome onion & coriander over them.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
Super delicious Pav Bhaji Quesadilla is ready to serve.