Thepla is a very popular Gujarati food. Yesterday when I made methi thepla, I thought to serve it differently.
So, I tried to make Thepla Tacos. A very innovative and delicious recipe. If thepla are ready it will take few minutes to make this fusion recipe.
As we all know methi/fenugreek is good for health. Along with fenugreek thepla, I used coriander chutney and lots of fresh vegetables.
So, it can be mention as a healthy dish. I made small tiny theplas for attractive serving. It can be served as any time healthy and heavy snack and starter also.
So let’s make this homemade recipe of Thepla Tacos for dinner. Enjoy cooking…
Preparation time – 15 to 20 minutes
Cooking time 10 to 15 minutes
Ingredients to make Thepla Tacos:
1/4 cup washed and chopped fresh fenugreek leaves
1/4 cup washed and chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 tablespoon oil
3 tablespoon curd
2 tablespoon sesame seeds
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon chili garlic paste
1 tablespoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon red chili powder
Whole wheat flour as needed
For green chutney:
1/2 cup fresh coriander
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
1 teaspoon chopped ginger
3 to 4 spicy green chilies
1 tablespoon jagerry
2 teaspoon peanuts
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 tablespoon hung curd
2 tablespoon mayonnaise
Thin sliced onion
Thin sliced capsicum
Thin sliced carrot
Thin sliced cabbage
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
2 tablespoon boiled sweet corn
Grated cheese as needed (opt.)
To serve with:
Method to make Thepla Tacos:
- Mix all ingredients of thepla in a broad plate excluding flour. Mix well and when ready add flour as needed. Mkke semi soft dough and knead it with a teaspoon of oil. Keep a side covered for minimum 10 minutes.
- Make equal small balls from dough and roll semi thick thepla from it. Cook it with little oil until light brown dots both sides.
- Add all ingredients of chutney in a mixer bowl and churn until smooth paste.
- Mix all vegetables together and add salt & black pepper powder to it. Mix well and keep aside.
- Mix all ingredients of spread together and keep aside.
How to assemble:
- Apply some spread over a thepla and then place above salad over it. Add grated cheese if you wish.
- Carefully fold thepla and place a tooth pick to maintain taco shape.
- Repeat the same for remaining. Do this process at the time of serving only.
- Serve delicious and healthy Thepla Tacos with green chutney and salad.
Health benefits of fenugreek:
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
Fenugreek/methi is very good for health. It balances cholesterol & reduces appetite. It soothes upset stomach & digestive problems. It reduces fever and soothes muscle pain.