Bubble tea, also referred as pearl tea, boba tea, tapico tea, and so on, is Taiwanese tea-based drink that has gained a lot of popularity around the world in the past couple of decades.
It consists of a tea base i.e. white, black, or green which is mixed with milk & fruit jelly. It is a delicious beverage that one can enjoy drinking at any time of the day.
It was initially a favorite drink among Taiwanese kids only, then gradually became a popular choice among adults also.
Bubble tea has a sweet taste with a wide range of flavor combinations and unique ingredients. It features a base that can be made from many things including tea, coffee, milk, fruits, and chewy pearls that sit at the bottom of the glass.
A lot of syrups and fruits can be blended to bubble tea, among which bubble milk green tea and bubble milk tea are the most widely used varieties.
The overall taste actually depends on the fruit and syrups that you choose to add. To make a smooth or slushy consistency of the drink, ice is often blended with the mixture of milk & fruit jelly.
The bubbles are made from tapioca flour that includes starch, and these starch particles hit constantly with ice water to form bubbles.
Though bubble tea is commonly served cold, it also comes in hot varieties in few places. In many regions, this beverage is also served as a smoothie.
Many bubble tea shops use non-diaries such as almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk, and more to make bubble tea.
According to a report published by Allied Market Research, the global bubble tea market size is registered to reach $4.3 billion with a considerable CAGR from 2020 to 2027.
North America is currently holding the highest market share, owing to increase in awareness regarding healthy lifestyle which is rising the adoption of healthy beverages like bubble tea among health conscious people.
Europe, at the same time, is expected to manifest the fastest growth rate, rise in disposable income, surge in expenditure of consumers on healthy beverages, celebrity brand endorsements, and others.
Moreover, the main reason behind the popularity of bubble tea is its unique taste which is coupled with the chewy tapioca balls that bubble tea offers. On top of that, there are some great health benefits of consuming this exotic tea daily.
- First of all, it is a great source of energy, owing to its carbohydrate content.
- It also serves as a fuel for your heart muscles and central nervous system.
- It provides much strength to the body, especially due to the milk’s calcium content.
- Fresh fruits such as mango, strawberry, etc. that are added to the beverage provides vitamin C and other essential nutrients to the body.
- The drink contains a wide array of antioxidants that reduces any oxidative stress accumulation.
- It instantly brightens your mood, thereby creating a positive experience and may help you seek positivity in the atmosphere.
- The free radicals can transform some parts inside the body and cause chronic diseases such as cancer. But bubble tea contains epigallocatechin and polyphenols that can fight against these free radicals and prevent conditions that could cause harm to the body.
- In addition, the bubble tea contains caffeine which refreshes the body and acts as stress releaser.
- Drinking bubble tea can help in improving the body’s immune system.
- Last but not the least, the bubble tea can enhance weight loss, because of the presence of polyphenol and caffeine in it.
However, in order to experience complete advantage of the health benefits of bubble tea, you need to pick the right ingredients and avoid addition of extra sugar, as drinking bubble tea with excessive sugar can cause diabetes.
Generally, bubble tea shops add additives such as guar gum to make the beverage stickier which can cause excessive constipation. Similarly, shops use condensed milk and increases the calories of the beverage, thus making it an unhealthy option.
Stall owners also use all manner of artificial fruit flavors, as real fruit is too expensive and goes off quickly. That’s why, the best approach to avail health benefits is to prepare this drink at home.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
Article by Suchita Gupta.