You should know that establishing a driving profession is not a simple thing to do! A job in commercial driving necessitates the ability to deal with daily challenges such as floods, landslides and fulfilling deadlines for timely delivery of products while traversing tough terrain and hills.
However, the thrill of triumphing over such obstacles is considerably more thrilling than anything else.
Driving a commercial vehicle is a difficult job that necessitates effective driving abilities as well as a strong presence of mind since you never know how and when you may be involved in an accident.
For this reason, the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, makes it necessary for every vehicle owner to have a valid driving license.
It is necessary to obtain a driver’s license to ensure that a person has excellent driving abilities and is familiar with such vehicles since he is the one behind the wheel.
It is a little bit more difficult to obtain a commercial vehicle driving license than a private vehicle license.
Furthermore, because commercial vehicles are typically driven on highways, drivers must be more attentive and knowledgeable of different traffic laws. Let me give you an idea of what a commercial driving license entails in India.
Types of Commercial Driving Licence (CDL)
According to what kind of vehicle you want to drive, many different forms of commercial driving licenses are available.
Commercial driving licenses allow drivers to legally operate vehicles such as cars, jeeps, and delivery vans, while CDLs for large motor vehicles such as buses allow drivers to operate a bus legally. The varieties of commercial driving licenses are shown below.
- MGV – Medium goods vehicle.
- LMV – Light motor vehicles (motorcars, jeeps, taxis, delivery vans)
- HMV – Heavy Motor Vehicles.
- HGMV – Heavy Goods Motor Vehicle
- HPMV/HTV – Heavy passenger motor vehicle/Heavy transport vehicle
- LMV – NT Light motor vehicles used for the non-transport purpose.
- MGV Medium Goods Vehicle
- Trailer A person who already has a heavy vehicle driver’s license can apply for a heavy trailer driver’s license.
Eligibility Criteria for Commercial Transport Licence (CDL)
One must meet the state’s minimum age requirement in order to be eligible for a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
His educational background must extend to 8th grade, and he must have been trained in a government or an associated training facility. Here is the complete list of qualifying requirements:
- A candidate needs to be at least 20 years old
- A candidate must have completed the eighth grade.
- Learner’s permits are required.
- The candidate should have received their training from a government or state-affiliated motor school.
- The applicant must have all of the necessary papers.
How to Apply Online for a Commercial Driving license?
Nowadays, applicants can apply for a driving license or apply for driving license renewal online in Delhi that can save their time and effort of standing in huge lines.
They must follow the procedures outlined below in order to do this.
- Go to the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways’ official website.
- You’ll need to go to ‘driving-related services’ to get to them.
- Fill in the blanks and sign Form 4. When filling out the information, specify the commercial rather than the private vehicle class.
- Fill out Form 4 and submit all of your papers, including recent passport-size photos.
- When applying for a commercial driving license, the applicant must submit Form 1(a), which proves the applicant’s medical fitness to operate a commercial vehicle, along with the rest of the required documents and fees.
- When applying for a commercial heavy motor vehicle driving license, the applicant must provide a “driver refresher training certificate.”
- As previously stated, before taking the driving test, the candidate must complete instruction at any Government Motor School. The majority of driving schools have partnered with the government to provide instruction.
- Form 5 will be issued by the Government Motor School upon completion of the program.
- If the applicant for a commercial driving license has registered his or her cellphone number on the internet, he or she will get the application number via text as soon as the appropriate papers and documents are submitted.
- The applicant must next print his or her application.
- Test-takers will need to be at their testing center well in advance of the scheduled time.
List of Required Documents for commercial driving license online in Delhi
To get a commercial driving license, you’ll need the following documents.
- Address proof is required (eligible proofs are Passport, voter id, ration card, Aadhaar card, or utility bill).
- Identity Proof (eligible proofs are PAN card, voter id, Passport, Aadhaar card, birth certificate, or 10th pass certificate).
- A licensed physician’s medical certificate is necessary (Form 1A).
- It is necessary to have a certificate from a driving school or institution (Form 5).
- Passport-size photos.
Obtaining a commercial driving license is not as tough as it may look, but it does need effort. Make sure you’re well-prepared and competent, then take the examinations to get your license.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
Make sure you have all of the essential documentation with you, such as your car insurance, PUC, and registration, and training certificate.