The process of applying to top universities in Canada is now easy!
Canada brings out a massive number of global students every year. There are several reasons why overseas students discover Canada as the best place for higher education, but the educational system inclines to be the most vital point.
The Canadian educational system provides numerous public to private institutes with unparalleled degree programs.
- As per Canada’s 2019 National Statistics Office, 625,785 overseas students took admission to public colleges and universities in Canada.
- There were 530,540 global students according to the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada.
- As per the worldwide rankings of QS Rankings, Times Higher Education, and Shanghai University, 30 Canadian universities are placed in the top 300 international universities.
The factors to be considered while applying to colleges in Canada for international students in 2021:
1. Most opted degree courses in Canada
- Masters in Computer Science
- Masters in Environmental Sciences
- Masters in Psychology
- MBA degrees
2. Best universities in Canada
- York University
- University of British Columbia
- Humber College
- University of Toronto
- Thompson Rivers University
- University of Winnipeg
- University of Manitoba
3. Start Applying for the university
After finalizing the university:
a) Check if it is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) which denotes its integrity. If the institute is recognized as DLI, then Canada considers such institutes as reliable study places and there are no education scams.
b) Take tuition fees into account that fits with your financial conditions.
c) Other than that, research extensively of the chosen course and language of study.
d) High grades are significant in the application procedure. Several institutes need 70% of the grades above the average. The higher grades increase your chances of getting enrolled in an esteemed university.
4. Language proficiency requisites
Students can select from a broad range of English and French postgraduate degrees. Based on your language opted, you require to demonstrate your expertise level.
Best universities in Canada accept the following English language tests :
- IELTS Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- PTE Academic
- C1 Advanced
Some universities might endorse English tests such as:
- MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery)
- CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment)
- CanTEST (Canadian Test of English for Scholars and Trainees)
French tests acceptable at Canadian universities:
5. Attest your university application documents
Every university has its admission requisites but here are the general ones:
- Graduation diploma/ certificate
- Resume or CV
- Application form
- A letter of intent
- Financial establishment proof for higher studies
- Two academic letters of recommendation (comprising letters from employers)
If you are submitting translated documents, then it should be certified via a professional translator. You need to comprise the original versions of the documents.
6. Application deadlines for Canadian universities
Deadlines differ from institution to institution for varied degree courses. Therefore, you should visit the official website of the university and your chosen course for state-of-the-art information.
To increase your chances for approval, you should tender your application eight to twelve months before courses initiate.
You will obtain an official acceptance letter from the university after one or two months of the closed applications.
7. Final steps after obtaining your acceptance letter
Ensure your health insurance. The amount included differs based on the Canadian province where you will stay.
Start applying for a Canadian study permit(Canada student visa) and apply as early as possible after obtaining the acceptance letter to ensure you will be allowed to study in the country.
Some European Union countries do not require to apply for study permit visas. Thus, check if you belong to that country.
Purchase a plane ticket to Canada after obtaining your visa verification. Students should enroll at the university after reaching Canada to verify that they will initiate their academic journey.
The most significant aspect amongst all these points for colleges in Canada for international students is to draft a well-written Statement of Purpose, Letter of intent, Letter of recommendation that ultimately leads to admission for higher studies.
These documents are important as it decides your admission to your dream university for your intended course.
Numerous writing services help the students craft these aforementioned significant documents for undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. courses, and E-writing champs at Delhi, India are one of them.
Their team of dexterous writers comprehend the student’s requisites and assess their profile thoroughly to draft a Statement of Purpose/ Letter of intent/ Letter of recommendation for the best universities in Canada.
The firm works painstakingly to get students placed in their desired Canadian university as per the opted course without any obstacles.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
Read more educational, immigration, overseas education, and business articles written by our guest authors.