How to Create Effective TikTok Videos and Enhance Your Business Reach
Here is a comprehensive guide that will help you curate and edit meaningful business videos for TikTok.
The popularity of TikTok has exploded in recent years. If you have subsided TikTok for posting business videos, you need to think again.
You may be under the misconception that TikTok is a platform to post funny videos with kids dancing, people flaunting their fashion or makeup sense, or dogs performing tricks. Some even think that TikTok’s audience is under the age of 20.
But are you aware of the colossal business presence and advertising on this awesome social media platform? Let us look at some facts:
- Search Engine Journal views TikTok as a soon-to-be search engine.
- As of January 2022, TikTok has 1 billion monthly active users worldwide and this platform has been installed over 3 billion times on devices worldwide.
- TikTok also boasts the highest social media engagement rate. Upfluence found a micro-influencer engagement rate of 17.96% on TikTok, 3.86% on Instagram, and 1.63% on YouTube.
You cannot ignore TikTok while considering the right medium to promote your business videos. Learn about how you can enhance your brand reach through TikTok.
Pre-Requisites of Making Business Videos on TikTok
Here are some factors you need to consider before you start posting videos on TikTok.
1. Create an Official Account
TikTok gives you the leverage to open a personal account or advanced or professional accounts. You need to have an official business account on TikTok, which can be:
- TikTok for creators focuses on providing engaging content to the audience and is used mainly by influencers and content creators to promote their original content and products and services from other brands.
- TikTok is for businesses to advertise and promote products and services and drive business by embedding analytics and insights to reach more audiences, budgets, and advertising. The best feature of these accounts is that they are free.
So, you need to sign up for a TikTok business account and fill in the format that best suits your small business.
2. Create an Optimal TikTok Profile
Give a unique username to your business account and upload a relatable profile photo. Use a keyword-enriched short description for the bio box link to drive more traffic.
3. Start Posting
Once your account is ready, and your profile is set, you need to start making videos for TikTok and post them on the tour account.
Guidelines for Creating Videos for TikTok
When creating videos for your TikTok business platform, you need to adhere to a few techniques and tips:
Learn the Basics of TikTok
Acquaint yourself with what works on TikTok. You must check out the most popular business videos on TikTok and hashtags and check out the in-built TikTok editing tools. When using the app, be aware of how other companies are using TikTok for online marketing.
Find Out What Your Competitors Are Doing
Thorough research is mandatory before you delve into the realm of video-making for TikTok. See what’s working for your competitors and what kind of videos they are making for the audience.
Leverage trends and consider consumer demands to reach your audience. This way, you can learn about TikTok best practices and can better strategize your marketing videos.
Discover Your Audience
It is important to know who exactly you are making these videos for. You must do your research based on age, gender, and other demographics of the audience.
Understand the kind of products or services your prospects are interested in on TikTok. Analyze your USP and see what kind of people can be associated with your brand. Indulge in customer research and competitive analysis to know more about your target audience
How Will Your Company Stand Out?
Now that you know what’s trending on TikTok and who your audience is consider the areas that will make your business videos stand out in the colossal pool of stringent competition.
Find your selling proposition and check how your products or services are different from your competitors.
You need answers to questions like why people should show their interest in your business, why your product, how you can make people aware of the product specifications, how people will reach you, and how you can better advertise your brand for maximum outreach and awareness.
Create and Edit TikTok Videos for Business
Boost engagement by creating videos, and expand your audience reach. You can create and edit your videos using the following tips and techniques, which will expand your brand awareness and increase your followers on TikTok:
- Keep your TikTok videos short and use the countdown timer
- Use TikTok video templates, filters, and effects to create videos
- Create looping videos with good lighting and sound options
- Use an effective TikTok video editor to apply visual effects and jump cuts for basic transitioning
- Add relevant text and optimize it for SEO
- Use text-to-speech for video narrations and automatic captions
- Align your edits to your video after you have trimmed the clips and added the necessary effects that are in sync with your brand requirements, like the color, font, graphics, animations, and other effects
Understand the TikTok Algorithm
TikTok’s algorithm shows content that users are most interested in based on their past interactions. It considers:
- Shares, comments, reviews
- Interesting hashtags and captions
- Audio trends for participating videos
- Language preferences, device type, and posting location
- Content marked as ‘not interested
- Use TikTok’s discovery feature – the “For You” page.
Create content that focuses on your target audience. Don’t expect your videos to become an instant hit. Incorporate humor to increase the popularity of your videos.
Join or create an innovative trend and build relationships with influencers and celebrities. You can boost the algorithm by following such basic techniques.
Make It Easier for Viewers to Find You
When you post videos on TikTok, follow some rules to help people find your brand in the easiest of ways:
- Use relevant hashtags to display your content
- Use trending sounds as people respond best to content that evokes their emotions, which is fun and unique.
- Use TikTok advertisements to reach your audience
- Collaborate with TikTok influencers to reach the right audience quickly and efficiently.
Analyze the Data
Use TikTok metrics to find out how your video-making efforts are doing on the platforms and the features you must consider when preparing your next video. Use the metric to identify:
- Followers to analyze audience growth and audience demographics
- Overview to track engagement and follower count
- Trend performance using Hashtags view and Discover tab
- Live to view insights from live video
- Content to track the most popular videos
What Kind of Videos Are Most Popular on TikTok?
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at how your product or service is made, or ask team members to explain how your product or service works with a short video.
- Show another side of your business, how you work as a team, and build trust in your brand.
- Don’t be afraid to explore trends, challenges, and other features on TikTok official videos.
- Explore Audio Trends and increase the likelihood of your content being shown.
- Share your success stories or a message from the leadership to enhance brand awareness.
- Display your products and add tutorials or how-to posts that you’re your audience to understand your business better.
- Announce a sale discount or deals that your audiences can take advantage of.
- Reveal customer feedback, testimonials, or customer reviews that can encourage others to become part of your business.
- Add humor to your videos.
- Don’t hesitate to highlight the mistakes you made – it’s a great idea to grasp the attention.
- Shout out to other businesses and try to collaborate with them
TikTok is a large and extremely fast-moving platform where your audience wants fresh content from businesses.
You simply need to follow TikTok trends and make your business videos viral using the simple techniques that are discussed above.
Create compelling content, use strategic video marketing techniques, and build a loyal audience on TikTok.
You can achieve your long-term goals and enhance your business reach through this amazing social media platform.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
Read more business articles from our guest authors at SugerMint. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn