It’s no secret that email marketing is a powerful tool for eCommerce businesses. Email marketing can generate tons of traffic and sales for your store when done correctly.
Sometimes digital marketing agencies can help you with email marketing campaign as they have the expertise and experience to help you design and execute a successful email marketing campaign.
Here, we will discuss increasing traffic and sales through eCommerce email marketing. We will cover creating effective email campaigns, designing beautiful emails, and using the right tools to improve your results. So if you’re looking to take your eCommerce business to the next level, make sure to read this article.
What is email marketing, and how does it work?
Email marketing is the process of sending commercial messages, typically to a group of people, using email.
It usually involves using email addresses that have been collected from a previous transaction or subscription list but can also involve segmenting lists by demographics (location, age, gender, etc.), interests (activities, hobbies), or other factors.
Email marketing can be done through several methods
There is more than one way for effective email marketing. Depending on the target audience and their tastes, the email marketing campaign can be run to have maximum effects.
-Sending out promotional materials such as newsletters or brochures
-Adding special offers or discounts to regular emails
-Asking customers to fill out surveys or provide feedback about their experience with your company.
-Running contests and sweepstakes.
-Offering free downloads or ebooks in exchange for contact information.
Benefits of email marketing for eCommerce businesses
There are many benefits to email marketing for eCommerce businesses. These include:
1. Reach a large audience with little effort – Email marketing allows you to reach a large audience quickly and easily. You can target your campaign to reach specific customers or cast a wider net to attract new customers.
2. Cost-effective – Email marketing is one of the most cost-effective ways to reach your target market. You can create a campaign for a fraction of the cost of traditional advertising methods.
3. Personalized messages – With email marketing, you can personalize your message to each recipient, increasing their likelihood of reading it and taking action.
Email marketing tips for e-commerce stores
> Do your research – figure out who your target audience is and what they want first.
Consider your target audience. Who are you trying to reach? Once you know who your audience is, you can start thinking about what kinds of emails they would be interested in receiving. Newsletters? Coupons? Event invitations?
Next, think about what tone you want your emails to have. Are you trying to be fun and playful or more professional and serious? And finally, consider the design of your emails. Will they be text-only, or will you include graphics and images?
Once you’ve considered all of these things, you can start putting together your email marketing strategy.
> Set up goals – know what you want to achieve with your website or business and make a plan to get there.
The most important goal in email marketing is to get people to buy your product. However, there are other goals you can set and track as well, such as getting more website visitors, getting more subscribers, or getting more people to click through to your website.
One way to track the success of your email marketing campaigns is by using conversion tracking software.
This software can help you see how many people clicked on a particular link in your email campaign and then got converted (made a purchase or filled out a contact form, for example).
You can also use this software to see which emails effectively convert readers into customers. Another effective strategy is to keep an eye on the latest digital marketing trends, so that you can strategically plan the further actions.
> Create quality content – this is the key for attracting attention and keeping people coming back for more.
Any successful email marketing campaign is to create quality content. This means providing your subscribers with valuable information that will help them improve their lives or businesses.
Once you have a library of quality content, you can begin creating email newsletters and auto responders to send to your subscribers regularly.
Remember always to test different types of content and headlines to see which ones get the best response. And be sure to segment your list to send different offers and content to different groups of subscribers.
> Use social media wisely – share your content on social media sites and engage with others to build relationships.
When it comes to email marketing for eCommerce business or website, social media sharing is a great way to help boost your campaign’s visibility.
Not only will more people be able to see your message, but you’ll also be building valuable links back to your site.
As for what kind of content to share via social media, that depends on your target audience and the type of campaign you’re running.
But in general, try to share images, info graphics, and short videos that are both engaging and relevant to your subscribers. And make sure you include a strong CTA (call to action) so that readers know what they need to do next.
> Use search engine optimization (SEO) techniques – make sure your website is optimized for search engines so that people can easily find your eCommerce website.
There are a few key ways to improve your email marketing campaign through SEO techniques:
1. Use keywords in your subject line and the body of your email.
2. Make sure your email is easy to read on mobile devices.
3. Optimize your images for search engines.
4. Include a CTA (call to action) button or link.
5. Test different subject lines and call to action buttons to see what works best for you.
6. Use a format for email that has worked previously.
> Stay up-to-date with changes in the industry – technology and trends are always changing, so it’s important to keep up if you want to stay ahead of the curve.
It’s more important than ever to stay up-to-date on the latest trends in email marketing. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
1) Personalize your messages as much as possible. People are more likely to respond if they feel like you’re addressing them directly.
2) Keep your content fresh and interesting. Nobody wants to receive the same old spammy messages over and over again.
3) Make sure your links work properly and lead to relevant pages. Nobody wants to click on a link that leads nowhere.
4) Test, test, test! Always be testing different aspects of your campaign to see what works best.
Digital marketing agencies
Here are best practices to consider when choosing email marketing platforms and digital marketing agencies:
– Do they have a good understanding of the email marketing landscape and what works best today?
– Do they have experience creating and executing successful email campaigns?
– Are they able to provide you with detailed insights into how your campaign is performing, as well as recommendations for improvement?
– Will they help you develop a strategy specific to your business and then execute that strategy for you?
How to set up an email campaign that will increase traffic and sales
Setting up an email is a key to marketing success. Digital marketing experts suggest certain steps to follow so that it will have maximum impact to reach the audience and engage them with your business content.
1. Identify your target market.
2. Select the right email marketing service.
3. Create a list of subscribers.
4. Write persuasive emails that sell your products or services.
5. Send out your emails regularly (don’t send too much).
6. Measure the results of your campaign and make necessary adjustments.
7. Repeat steps 4 to 6 to improve the results of your campaign even further!
Examples of successful email marketing campaigns
There are countless examples of successful email marketing campaigns, but some of the most notable include Amazon’s abandoned cart emails, Obama for America’s 2012 campaign emails, and BuzzFeed’slisticle teaser emails.
Amazon’s abandoned cart emails are a great example of email marketing to increase sales. After a customer adds an item to their cart but doesn’t complete the purchase, Amazon sends them an email reminding them of what they left behind and giving them the option to finish checking out.
This strategy is effective because it brings customers back to Amazon’s website who might not have otherwise returned. It increases the likelihood that customers will buy more items since they’re already part of their shopping cart.
In 2009, Dell ran a promotion campaign for its new Inspiron laptop. Customers who ordered the laptop received a $100 gift card that could be used at Dell’s online store. The campaign was a success, and Dell saw an increase in laptops and gift cards sales. Some other are:
Walmart: Walmart sends out a weekly email newsletter with coupons, product announcements, and event invitations.
Gap: Gap sends out monthly email newsletters with product announcements, discounts, and event invitations.
Apple: Apple sends out new product announcements and special offers via email.
Netflix: Netflix sends out monthly emails with new releases, promotions, and user tips.
Tools and resources to help you get started with email marketing
Available on the market are tools that help you carry out effective email marketing. Here is the list of the best tools and resources for email marketing of all kinds.
1. MailChimp: MailChimp is a popular email marketing service that allows you to create beautiful email newsletters, manage subscribers, and track your results. It’s free up to 2,000 subscribers, so it’s a great option for small businesses.
2. AWeber: AWeber is another popular email marketing service that offers a wide range of features, including automation, segmentation, and tracking. It starts at $19/month for up to 500 subscribers.
3. GetResponse: GetResponse is a powerful email marketing tool that offers all the features you need to create successful email campaigns. It starts at $15/month for up to 1,000 subscribers.
4. SendGrid: SendGrid is a popular email delivery service that can help you improve your email deliverability. It’s free for up to 12,000 emails/month.
5. Emma: Emma is a powerful email marketing tool that offers all the features you need to create successful email campaigns. It starts at $49/month for up to 2,500 subscribers.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
With simple tricks and techniques, you can build a foolproof strategy to carry out email marketing to reach global or local audiences and showcase your products and services. Good content and attractive graphics will help you convert the readers into loyal customers.