The last few months have been very difficult on all of us due to Covid-19 restrictions and lockdown.
Especially if you are not living in a metro city where basic services such as installing a water purifier at your home are not possible.
The only reason behind that was the lack of manpower. But installing a RO+UV+UF best water purifier under 10000 rupees at your home is not a difficult task.
Here’s how to install a water purifier at home:
Installation of water purifiers at home is a 3 step process. It can be divided into:
- Mounting the Purifier
- Connecting the purifier to the Water inlet and setting up the outlet
We will discuss all these three in detail. First, we will discuss what you will be needing to install a water purifier at home.
Here is a list of tools and small pieces of equipment you will need during the installation of a water purifier at home:
- Ball Valve – 1
- 3-way connector 1
- SS Ball Valve
- Food grade pipe(mostly white in color) 3/8″ – 3 meters
- Food grade pipe 1/4″(white and blue) – 3 meters
- Screws and Plastic insertions – 2 pieces each
- Instruction Manual – 1
- Drilling sticker – 1
- Teflon tape – 1
- pipe wrench -1
- Screwdriver -1
- Drill machine -1
Most of these items you will find inside the packaging except the wrench, screwdriver, drill machine, and Teflon tape.
Always use the normal pipeline as an inlet for the water purifier. It is advisable that you use the main water supply, not the tank one.
Make sure at the time you are setting up the plumbing the water supply is closed.
Follow the instructions step by step to set up the plumbing:
- Using a pipe wrench take out the tap from the water supply.
- On the 3-way connector’s end roll the Teflon tape a couple of times for a leak-free experience.
- Insert the tap at the front end of the 3-way connector using some Teflon tape.
- On the side insert the SS Ball Valve using some Teflon tape there as well.
- At the end of SS Ball Valve using the hex nut, you can easily put the white food-grade pipe in the hole and tighten it there using the nut.
2. Mounting preparations
For this, you will be needing a drill machine and a couple of other screws and plastic inserts.
Some companies such as Kent provide drill stickers, so you don’t have to measure the distance between two holes, and both are aligned at the same height.
If the sticker is not there you can use a leveler or a measuring scale to mount the positions.
Follow the steps below:
- Place the drilling sticker on the wall or mark spots to drill on the wall.
- Put the plastic inserts inside the hole.
- Insert the screws gently using a screwdriver.
- Do not use a hammer to push the screws inside. Make sure the screws are at 90 degrees with the wall.
3. Connecting the purifier to the Water inlet and setting up the outlet
This part is a bit extensive and you should take extra care while setting up the inlet and outlet for purified and rejected water.
Follow the instructions below:
- Open the purifier and get to the container where all the filters are placed.
- Cut the ties from all the filters, as they are tied just to keep the filters in place during transportation.
- Remove the dead plugs from the inlet hose and the rejected water hose.
- Plugin the White pipe from SS Ball Valve in the inlet port on Purifier.
- Plugin the Blue pipe from the Water purifier to the waste water outlet.
- After mounting the water purifier on the screws on the wall plug in the power supply.
Note: Make sure the rejected water supply pipe level should be lower than the height of the water purifier placed.
The reason behind this is, the rejected water may backflow and enter the RO+UV water purifier resulting in damage to the water purifier.
After all the connections are made you can turn on the water supply by turning the SS Ball Valve parallel to the line of the water supply.
If your water purifier is brand new then make sure you do not drink the first few liters of the filtered water.
It is advised by all manufacturers of water purifiers that the first few liters of a water purifier with a new RO, UV, UF membrane are not suitable for drinking.
The last step is to check the TDS of water from the main water supply and filtered water.There should be a decrease of approximately 90% in TDS levels.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
The modern water purifier comes with a screw-type button to control the TDS levels. You can easily tighten or loosen the screw to increase or decrease the TDS of water.
- Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard
- HUL Pureit Copper+ Mineral RO
- KENT 11087 Pride TC Mineral RO Water Purifier
- Havells Digitouch 7-litres RO
- Blue Star Aristo RO
- Livpure Envy Plus RO
- AO Smith Z8 Green RO