5 Ways to Make Money on Shopify
The thriving tech-driven world of the 21st century has enabled us all the tens of hundreds of fascinating things.
What we used to consider impossible has become a reality. And when we talk about all of the incredible happenings in this technologically advanced world, the popularity of eCommerce platforms has soared incredibly in recent years.
Today, more customers are shifting their focus toward online shopping platforms considering all the benefits it offers.
From unparalleled convenience to more variety and options, product and price comparison to accessibility from anywhere, expediency in ordering or sending gifts to getting more control, and whatnot – the online shopping medium has created incredible means of suitability like never before.
Moreover, physical store owners are gradually focusing on the importance of having an online store as it demonstrates a massive revenue stream.
Sellers who leverage the online market stream, such as Shopify, have seen their sales skyrocketing. However, it is not as easy as you might be thinking right now.
Shopify in 2022
Shopify is indeed the largest eCommerce platform that has incredibly boosted sales of more than millions of stores, and all the merchants have tens of millions of buyers.
But you must be wondering why most people prefer using Shopify over other platforms. The answer is simple – it is convenient and user-friendly for both customers and retailers. And for retailers, it is effortless to get started as a seller.
Selling products online has become impressively convenient with Shopify, singularly in 2022, retailers and customers prefer this platform more than ever before.
The current number of active Shopify stores has crossed the 200% benchmark in 2022 alone. As of now, the active Shopify stores have surpassed 3.75 million, with the stores from the United States leading alone.
Having discussed the recent advancements and strong focus that Shopify has gained on the online platforms, here are a few of the uses that Shopify offers to both retailers and consumers;
- Using Shopify is easy and quick, and one doesn’t need to get into any fuss over servers and extra development costs. Instead, you can use over 6000 apps available on the Shopify App Store to customize your website for an excellent user experience.
- Shopify offers impeccable security and reliability so that your customer data doesn’t get compromised.
- There are more than 2.1 million active users regularly visiting Shopify stores, so a seller has an incredible opportunity to increase sales by enabling them in a better manner.
- As a seller, you can access 160 free and paid themes for setting up your online store.
- A massive number of active users requires you to implement an efficient optimization strategy, and this is where Shopify offers robust optimization features for you to rank your website in search engines.
- As a merchant, you will get access to dozens of payment gateways integrated by Shopify to take massive advantage of.
5 Ways to Make Money on Shopify in 2022
Making money on Shopify is easy. There are tons of ways by which you can eventually get started with your passive income stream.
However, some proven ways make Shopify a great platform for earning great money in a matter of time. All it requires is to be smart enough to leverage the platform.
1. Dropshipping Business is a Game-Changer
Dropshipping is not new. In fact, it has been around for quite some time now. However, a swift acceleration in dropshipping has been a pivotal factor in the growth of the eCommerce industry.
Unlike past, now a seller doesn’t need to have lots of inventory and can go with dropshipping instead. Dropshipping is simply the process where one doesn’t have to keep the products in the inventory or deal with the hassle of warehousing, etc.
This model is more convenient because when a customer purchases at your store, another party fulfills the order while also dealing with the hassle of shipping.
Suggested Read: How to Start a Dropshipping Business: The Easiest Way to Sell Online
This means of earning passive money from Shopify has gained momentous attention from beginners as well as experts.
2. Earn from Affiliate Marketing Program
Gone are the days when you have to invest capital in setting up your startup. Today, you can just lay down on your couch while becoming an affiliate marketer with Shopify and start your earnings today. You don’t have to keep inventory, sell directly, or ship to anyone.
Instead, you can sign up with an affiliate marketing program by Shopify and start making stupendous money in a matter of time.
All you need to do is make referrals through your blogs, articles, videos, etc. The more sellers you bring to the Shopify platform, the more you will earn.
3. Sell on Other Platform
All the online marketplaces have their pros and cons. However, if you want to earn good money from Shopify, perhaps you must start selling first on Etsy.
The leading eCommerce website development Dubai points out that Etsy is a great place to begin with, and increase your brand awareness in a matter of time.
Many businesses or sellers have started selling on Etsy and moved to Shopify after learning the art of selling.
However, if you do not wish to close your store on Etsy, you can run both stores simultaneously. Moreover, you will have a chance to manage different orders, sync inventories, and make money from both stores at the same time.
4. Try Selling Digital Products
By selling digital products on Shopify, you can genuinely make amazing profits. Just be mindful that the upfront cost of developing a digital product can be higher.
However, selling a digital product in a variable can cost you comparatively low. Once you have the software required, delivering it to the customers would be less expensive.
What’s exciting is that a digital product is an intangible asset for which you don’t need to restock inventory all the time.
You can provide your digital product in different downloadable files and have a great passive income source.
5. Flip Shopify Stores
Another incredible way is to flip your Shopify store. Many business personnel is always on the go to acquire already established and performing stores on Shopify, for which they pay a great amount.
This is a great way of investing in already proven business. For these successful business professionals, it is an opportunity to maximize their capital by not investing the time and energy it requires to establish a well-to-do business.
Hence, you can catalog your Shopify store for sale on the market, where potential buyers will evaluate the income statistics and will make an offer if it attracts them.
Top Shopify Plugins & Tools for Desired Results
Shopify has proven to be an incredible eCommerce platform for skyrocketing your sales as well as enabling a great source of earning money.
However, with so many stores competing today to get to the top, you will be required to implement an effective optimization strategy in order to gain organic visibility for your Shopify store. That said, here are a few of the best ways to gain top-notch ranking and organic visibility.
1. Plug in SEO
Thousands of Shopify stores use the Plug-in SEO tool to optimize their store and drive more traffic to maximize sales. It is an excellent tool to improve your organic ranking by fixing the major SEO issues on the Shopify store.
For example, you can edit meta tags, descriptions, schema markup, and image alt tags and help fix broken links to get your products organically ranked in the Shopify marketplace.
2. Judge.me Product Reviews
Another amazing tool to grow your sales to incredible heights is with Judge.me Product Reviews. It offers the following;
- You can get customized widgets that help in displaying reviews.
- This tool collects reviews on autopilot from the web, email, push notifications, and SMS too.
- It also offers a great channel to engage your reviewers with follow-up strategies, for example, coupons, etc.
- Another is that you can share great social proof everywhere that helps in boosting your SEO with Google Shopping and rich snippets.
Another incredible tool that Shopify offers to its users is GTranslate, which helps in translating your store to your target-based audience.
With this, you can translate your store into multiple languages and reach a variety of audiences. On the other hand, it becomes a subtle source of increasing sales by enabling or displaying the products to customers in their native language.
4. Shopify Currency Switcher App by Secomapp
If you’re planning to make great money through Shopify, perhaps you’d certainly don’t want to miss out on this tool, i.e., Currency Switch App by Secomapp.
It is mainly for the sellers who sell their products globally. This currency switcher helps reach your worldwide consumer bandwidth with an auto currency detector and convertor.
5. Sales Popup Free Shipping Bar
Sales Popup is yet another incredible Shopify tool that helps allow a seller to showcase their visitors with the items that customers recently have bought.
This tool is responsible for creating trust badges and social proof that your store needs to showcase your professionalism and dedication to the new visitors.
6. Social Media Marketing
Social media has tended to provide businesses with exciting opportunities to grow and accelerate their businesses.
And when it comes to online marketplaces such as Shopify, social media marketing provides massive chances to connect with social media users and get an incredible advantage on your sales. However, you will be required to create a social media marketing strategy for your Shopify store;
- Social media marketing requires you to set goals and relevant strategies for your customer base.
- In order to make your strategy successful, it is essential to identify the target audience for your products and advertise accordingly.
- When integrating social media marketing endeavors for your Shopify placement, another thing to decide is your key metrics and KPIs so that you achieve them in time.
- You must have heard that content is king. Believe me, it truly is! For acing with your social media marketing strategy, an important factor to consider is the use of excellent content pieces with a perfect optimization strategy to acquire desired goals.
7. Email Marketing for Shopify
Email marketing is an excellent practice to scale your sales and get maximum ROI in a matter of time. Shopify provides another chance for sellers to grow their sales and business profits with an email marketing strategy.
So, create strategic campaigns they deliver right into your customers’ inbox, right at the demanded moment. That said, here are a few pointers to ace your email marketing strategy on Shopify;
- Try adding a value-driven headline or a subject line to increase the chances of getting your email open.
- Make use of relevant, appealing, and high-quality images in your emails.
- Keep a simple design with a professional touch to it.
- The content should be concisely written.
The Final Takeaway!
Shopify gives your enormous opportunities to make money online. There are many ways with which you can make money without even setting up your own store.
Some of the ways have been shared in this write-up, such as by dropshipping, affiliate marketing programs, selling on different platforms, focusing on developing and selling digital products, and flipping. All you need is a little information, and you’re good to move with your money-making process.
So, try focusing on these strategies and build something valuable for you out of the great opportunities awaiting your way. In a nutshell, strive to secure a good online presence, generate leads and convert them to sales.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
Read more business articles from our guest authors at SugerMint. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn