Lash extensions can be stunning, but people’s biggest concern about them is that they’re afraid to sleep on them because they’re worried about ruining them or losing them altogether.
You may not realize it, but there are ways you can keep your lash extensions in great condition while also getting your much-needed beauty sleep!
Here are helpful tips to protect your lash extensions while sleeping and wake up fresh and rested in the morning.
Always curl your lashes
Most people think that they should only curl their lashes when they have a special event, or they are going out for a night on the town.
However, curling your lashes every day can help protect your lash extensions. When you curl your lashes, it creates a barrier between your pillow and your lashes, which can help prevent them from getting squished during the night.
In addition, curling your lashes will give them a nice shape and make them look more awake, even if you’re lounging around at home.
Remove eye makeup before bed
Putting on makeup before going to bed is one of the worst things you can do for your skin – and your lash extensions. Makeup removal is key to maintaining healthy skin and lashes.
We recommend using an oil-free makeup remover followed by a gentle cleanser. This will help break down any leftover makeup and keep your lashes clean and free of harmful buildup, so here you will learn more about hybrid lashes vs classic.
If you wear contacts, remove them before bed
Removing your contacts before bed is important because sleeping with them can lead to serious eye infections.
Plus, when you’re asleep, your body is in a state of repair and needs all the oxygen it can get. Contacts block some of that oxygen from getting to your eyes, which can cause dryness and irritation. So take them out before you hit the pillow!
Here are five tips to help you protect your lash extensions while sleeping:
- Remove your makeup before bed. This includes any mascara or eyeliner that may have transferred onto your lashes during the day.
- Before going to bed, brush your lashes gently with a clean, dry mascara wand.
Sleep on a silk pillowcase
Silk pillowcases are great for protecting your lash extensions while you sleep. The smooth fabric helps to keep the lashes from tangling and breaking, and it also helps to prevent friction against your skin that can cause the extensions to fall out.
Plus, silk pillowcases are gentle on your skin and hair, which can help you avoid irritation and keep your lashes looking their best.
Here are helpful tips to help you get the most out of your silk pillowcase
- When washing your new silk pillowcase, use mild soap or detergent with a washcloth instead of a brush to avoid damaging the fabric or causing static electricity.
- If you’re still seeing lint after washing and drying, use a vacuum cleaner nozzle attachment to remove any lint without disturbing the surface of the pillowcase.
- Avoid using anything stronger than mild soap or detergent when washing because they could stain or discolor the fabric (or shrink it!). Never bleach your silk pillowcase!
- Give your new silk pillowcase time to air out before using it.
Avoid sleeping on your stomach
When you sleep on your stomach, your lashes may rub against the pillow and become damaged. Try sleeping on your side or back instead. Place a clean pillowcase over your pillow to help keep your lashes in place and prevent them from rubbing against the fabric.
You can also use a silk eye mask to help keep your lashes protected. Be sure to clean your lash extensions regularly to prevent the buildup of makeup, dirt, and oil, which can lead to breakage.
Does sleeping on your side ruin eyelash extensions?
While it is technically possible to sleep on your side without ruining your lash extensions, it’s not recommended.
The reason is that when you turn your head to the side, your lashes rub against the pillow and can get bent out of shape. This can cause them to fall out prematurely or become damaged.
Can you sleep during eyelash extensions?
You can sleep during your eyelash extension appointment, but there are a few things you need to do to make sure your lashes stay intact:
- Avoid using an eye pillow or anything that could put pressure on your lashes.
- Be sure to sleep on your back, so your lashes don’t get squished.
- Brush through your lashes before bed to keep them from getting tangled.
Lash extensions are a popular method to achieve long, voluminous lashes without needing daily mascara application.
However, if you don’t care for them properly, they can quickly become damaged and look unhealthy. One of the most important things you can do to prolong the life of your lash extensions is to avoid sleeping on your face.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories