Indian Railways Ministry and German Railways sign MoU to help in the operation of passenger trains
Indian Railways all set for a big boost! Union Cabinet recently approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between Indian Railway Ministry with Germany for helping in the operation of passenger trains, high-speed rail and technological cooperation in the Indian railway sector.
The Indian Railways Ministry sign Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Germany’s DB Engineering and Consulting GMBH. The MoU in the railway sector for technological cooperation, high-speed rail, operation of passenger trains will enable cooperation in many areas.
According to a Union Cabinet release, the MoU was signed in February 2020. Soon, freight train operations, passenger train operations, and many other railway departments will get a major uplift.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
The Indian Railway Ministry further stated that the MoU for the operation of passenger trains, technological cooperation in the Railway Sector will enable cooperation in many departments of railways, which are as follows:
- Operation of private train services.
- Operations of passenger train services including cross-border traffic and high-speed trains.
- Operations of freight train services including logistics, cross-border transport, and automotive transport.
- Predictive maintenance.
- Infrastructure building and management including development of passenger stations and dedicated freight corridors (DFCs).
- Establishment of a competitive and modern railway organization including railway reformation and improvement of organizational structures.
- Information Technology (IT) solutions for administrative, sales and marketing as well as railway operations purposes.