Yes! That is true it is Bun Dosa, even you can say kadai dosa also. As it is made in kadai. Actually, this is a simple dosa recipe made from typical dosa batter.
As it is made in kadai it looks like bun. A very soft & spongy thick dosa served with chutney and sambar. As always, I tried to make it healthier.
Therefore, I added many vegetables in it. In addition, believe me it tastes very nice soft inside & crisp outside. Let us enjoy cooking Bun Dosa.
- Preparation time – 10 minutes
- Soaking time – 4 to 5 hours
- Fermentation time – 4 to 5 hours
- Cooking time – 10 minute
- Serves – 2 person
Ingredients to make Bun Dosa:
- 1 ½ cup rice
- ½ cup urad dal
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped carrot
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped capsicum
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped cabbage
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 to 2 teaspoon finely chopped or crushed green chillies
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 teaspoon fruit salt (opt.)
- Chat masala & red chilli powder to sprinkle
To serve with:
- Coconut chutney
- Red garlic chutney
Method to make Bun Dosa:
- Soak rice, urad dal & fenugreek seeds for 4 to 5 hours.
- After that, crush them to coarse batter.
- Add a pinch salt to it & keep a side covered at warm place for 4 to 5 hours. (You can use readymade batter also.)
- Add all other ingredients to it and mix well.
- Add salt to taste & adjust consistency by adding water.
- Heat a non-stick kadhai & grease it.
- Add fruit salt to batter & mix well.
- Just pour a ladle full of batter to it. Do not spread. It will give thickness to it. Sprinkle chat masala & red chilli powder to it. This is optional.
- Cover & cook at slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes. Check & flip carefully. Again, cover at slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes. It will give crispy layer both sides.
Serve hot Bun Dosa with sambar, coconut chutney & red garlic chutney.
|Business Tools Recommended by SugerMint
Best Web Hosting Service
For business website with Free Domain Name