Yes! That is true it is Bun Dosa, even you can say kadai dosa also. As it is made in kadai. Actually, this is a simple dosa recipe made from typical dosa batter.
As it is made in kadai it looks like bun. A very soft & spongy thick dosa served with chutney and sambar. As always, I tried to make it healthier.
Therefore, I added many vegetables in it. In addition, believe me it tastes very nice soft inside & crisp outside. Let us enjoy cooking Bun Dosa.
- Preparation time – 10 minutes
- Soaking time – 4 to 5 hours
- Fermentation time – 4 to 5 hours
- Cooking time – 10 minute
- Serves – 2 person
Ingredients to make Bun Dosa:
- 1 ½ cup rice
- ½ cup urad dal
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped carrot
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped capsicum
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped cabbage
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 to 2 teaspoon finely chopped or crushed green chillies
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 teaspoon fruit salt (opt.)
- Chat masala & red chilli powder to sprinkle
To serve with:
- Coconut chutney
- Red garlic chutney
Method to make Bun Dosa:
- Soak rice, urad dal & fenugreek seeds for 4 to 5 hours.
- After that, crush them to coarse batter.
- Add a pinch salt to it & keep a side covered at warm place for 4 to 5 hours. (You can use readymade batter also.)
- Add all other ingredients to it and mix well.
- Add salt to taste & adjust consistency by adding water.
- Heat a non-stick kadhai & grease it.
- Add fruit salt to batter & mix well.
- Just pour a ladle full of batter to it. Do not spread. It will give thickness to it. Sprinkle chat masala & red chilli powder to it. This is optional.
- Cover & cook at slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes. Check & flip carefully. Again, cover at slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes. It will give crispy layer both sides.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
Serve hot Bun Dosa with sambar, coconut chutney & red garlic chutney.