Since the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting lockdowns, technology has enabled organisations to work as usual. IT outsourcing in Mauritius is a cost-efficient and a long-term alternative for firms looking to increase turnover while maximising cost-effectiveness.
Advantages of outsourcing your IT to Mauritius
Mauritius ranks first in Africa on the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) 2021, which assesses a country’s engagement towards cybersecurity.
This means that Mauritius is a safe IT risk mitigation platform. Mauritius also boasts a conducive and dynamic corporate environment, ranking 1st in Africa on the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business index.
As a result, various multinational players have set up in Mauritius and are working with Mauritian IT outsourcing firms because of their capacity to serve international clients with efficient business IT solutions.
Here are the main reasons to outsource your business to expert firms in Mauritius:
- Cost-efficiency: Outsourcing allows business to save on costs. Mauritius is an affordable jurisdiction, allowing organisations to save 40% or more on their expenses.
- Operational: By employing an IT outsourcing firm, you will not have to spend time in planning for recruitment nor operational costs (e.g. hardware, software, salary, and other related costs).
- Training and development: Training and upskilling in the IT sector is crucial to take advantage of the digital transformation, a significant challenge for SMEs who have limited capabilities in comparison to larger corporations.
- Competencies: IT companies have skills and expertise in their fields and already have all the tools they need to achieve your objectives.
- Availability of resources: ideal for short-term projects as pool of qualified IT experts are readily available, saving you time.
- Time and focus: outsourcing gives you more time to concentrate on achieving your strategic objectives.
Mauritius is a popular destination for businesspeople. It is therefore important to have qualified professionals accompanying you in your IT projects.
In Mauritius, IT outsourcing firms like Business Data Integrator provide multinational companies with IT services and solutions to help them enhance and optimise your IT and business processes
Why outsourcing your IT in Mauritius
IT outsourcing is the process of contract out your IT function to a specialised firm in an area or country with a different time region.
IT outsourcing can also attribute experienced IT specialists to work in your business at a relatively affordable cost, especially in Mauritius.
IT outsourcing companies have highly qualified and skilled IT professionals available, and that can be made available quickly to companies looking for business IT solutions.
The ICT sector is a major part of Mauritian economy, with about 850 IT firms operating in the country. These businesses provide outsourcing services such as BPO, software development and application support, disaster recovery and business continuity services, amongst others.
Mauritius counts the presence of a number of local and international service providers, including banks, law firms, advisory firms, brokers, Investment Managers, pension funds, insurers, hedge funds, and rating agencies.
The presence of such firms is testimony of the attractiveness of Mauritius as a stable and competitive jurisdiction for international business activities.
Choosing an offshore IT outsourcing services company
IT outsourcing services (for example, application and software development, remote working solutions, cloud services or web design & development) can be carried out from Mauritius, and Business Data Integratoris a practical example; providing tailored IT services and solutions to companies of all sizes operating in various industries, including finance human resources, consulting and health care services.
With a qualified and cost-effective labour force, and a favourable time zone, a reliable web network to offer consistent web-based services and solutions, Mauritius offers particular incentives in IT outsourcing.
Here are the factors to consider prior to selecting the right IT outsourcing firm:
- Fluent communication and processes: Mauritius is an ideal location for companies looking to outsource a variety of services, especially IT services. The country has a fluent communication and work process, with most of the population speaking English and French, as well as other languages like German, Spanish, Italian and Chinese.
Mauritanian IT service providers have a proven work process and are able to provide project management services according to your requirements and processes, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Advisory: Any company looking to outsource their IT work should make sure they have a qualified and skilled workforce as well as advisors who are experts in the field and can suggest improvements to your infrastructure.
Outsourcing your IT needs to a qualified company is important, but it is crucial to find one that also has experts who can help you make the most of your investment and suggest ways to improve your IT infrastructure.
- Clarify your objectives and criteria for selection: Each company should understand its business objectives and determine how outsourcing its IT can help reach them. before drafting a Request for Proposal (RFP) stating your objectives, requirements, and the criteria you are looking for from the offshore IT outsourcing services company (i.e. company size, experience, technological expertise, price, etc.).
- Credentials: When looking for an IT outsourcing services company, it is important to request evidence of experience and expertise. This can be done by looking at the company’s software development history and client portfolio.
This information will give you an idea of the technologies the company specialises in, as well as the business sectors they serve.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
IT outsourcing is a great way for companies to remain competitive in today’s challenging business environment.
By outsourcing their IT needs, companies can focus on their core business and leave the technical aspects to the experts. This allows businesses to stay ahead of the competition and maintain a strong market position.