Time for some delicious super food, Stuffed Moong Dal Chilla. Normally, chilla is a very easy and healthy recipe.
You can make it easily with lesser efforts. I this is a good option for beginners as a stomach filler meal. It can be served as a starter or any time snack also.
As a variation you can add small quantity of green moong also. As a stuffing I tried to add as much as healthy ingredients as possible.
I just add paneer and lots of vegetables. You can add or omit vegetables as per choice and availability. So, let’s enjoy cooking Stuffed Moong Dal Chilla.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Soaking time: 2 to 3 hours
- Serves 2 person
Ingredients to make Stuffed Moong Dal Chilla:
1/2 cup yellow moong dal
1 tablespoon rice flour
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
1 teaspoon crushed green chilli
1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic (opt.)
Paneer of 1 liter milk (250 grams. approx.)
1 small onion finely chopped
1/2 carrot finely chopped
1/4 cup boiled sweet corn
1 small capsicum finely chopped
2 to 3 tablespoon coriander finely chopped
2 to 3 green chilly finely chopped or crushed
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon oil
Method to make Stuffed Moong dal Chilla:
- Wash and soak moong dal for 2 to 3 hours. Churn it like paste with green chilly and garlic.
- Add salt and rice flour to it and mix well. Keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil and green chilly to it, add all vegetables to it. Saute for 2 minutes and then add salt to taste.
- Remove from flame and let it cool. Add grated or crumbled paneer and coriander to it and mix well.
How to make Moong Dal Chilla:
- Heat a non-stick girdle/tavi and spread few drops of oil. When it is hot spread small quantity of batter over it. Try to make it as thin as possible.
- Let it cook golden brown from both sides.
- Place some stuffing over it and roll. AT this stage you can add grated cheese also.
- Cook for few minutes and then cut it before serving.
Repeat the same for remaining.
- Serve hot Stuffed Moong Dal Chilla with tomato ketch up and green chutney.
Try also: Instant Bread Dahi Vada
Moong Dal: Yellow moong dal is good source of protein and dietary fibre. It is rich in vitamin B, calcium and low in fat. So you will feel heaviness after eating it.
Paneer: Paneer/cottage cheese is rich in protein & it strengthen bones and teeth. It maintains blood sugar & is good for heart. If it is made from low fat milk it is good option for vegetarians to have protein daily.
|Business Tools Recommended by SugerMint
Best Freelance Services
for your business