Crispies are kept in every home as anytime snacks. In my house also we store many types of crispies. Actually they are very helpful as anytime snack and tea time snack.
Normally we made farsi puri/crispie from refined flour but this time I tried to make flavourful puri with whole wheat flour and moong dal, with special touch of green chili and coriander in it.
The result was very delicious with a little crunch of moong dal. So, enjoy cooking Moong Dal Crispies.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Soaking time 1 to 1 1/2 hour
Cooking time – 10 to 15 minutes
Ingredients to make Moong Dal Crispies:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup soaked moong dal
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon green chili paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- A pinch asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon ghee/clarified butter
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
Chat masala to sprinkle
Oil to fry
Method to make Moong Dal Crispies:
- Soak moong dal for 1 to 1 1/2 hour in warm water.
- In a big bowl add whole wheat flour, soaked moong dal, oil, ghee and other spices. Mix well and knead hard dough from it with sufficient water. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Make equal size ball from it and roll medium-thick crispies from it.
- Fry them at slow to medium flame until crisp. When ready drain over absorbent kitchen tissue. Sprinkle some chat masala over it.
- Let it cool at room temperature and then store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy Moong Dal Crispies with piping hot tea or as any time snack.