Healthy & Easy to Digest Palak Khichdi Recipe
About Palak Khichdi Recipe: It is a perfect balance of protein and carbohydrate. It’s loaded with nutrients and the best comfort food during monsoon. Learn how to make Palak Khichdi at home. It’s a very easy and quick recipe for your dinner.
Method to make Palak Khichdi:
- Wash and soak rice and dal for 1/2 an hour. Add salt, turmeric powder and ghee to it. Cook in the pressure cooker for 3 to 4 whistles at the medium flame with 3 cups of water. Let cool and then remove from the pressure cooker.
- Heat oil and ghee in a big pan and add cumin seeds to it. When they crackle add hing and then chili, ginger and garlic paste to it. Cook for 1 minute and then add onion paste to it. Cook and then add tomato paste to it. Coo until it releases oil. Now it is time to add palak pure. Mix well and again cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Make sure to cook all at medium flame.
- Now it’s time to add all dry ingredients and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- At last, add cooked khichdi and mix well. Add water adjust consistency. Cook properly at the slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes. Never cover it, otherwise, the color of spinach will dull.
- At last transfer to serving bowl and garnish with a big spoon full of ghee.
- That’s all our beautiful, super Healthy & Easy to Digest Palak Khichdi is ready to serve. Serve with a bowl of homemade curd.
Tips to make Palak / Spinach Puree:
- Wash and chop spinach.
- In a big saucepan add water, few drops oil, and a pinch salt. Let it boil. Add spinach and again boil for 2 minutes at high flame.
- Immediately remove from hot water and then soak in tap water, when cool drain and churn to make pure.
|Business Tools Recommended by SugerMint
eCommerce Store Builder!
Online store for entrepreneurs