Yesterday I tried to make palak paneer pulav and it was awesome. As we all know palak/spinach and paneer/cottage cheese are very good for health.
It is different. You must heard Palak Paneer as a vegetable/subji. But this is a same style pulav, a healthy and delicious rice dish. It is different but very healthy.
Spinach/palak is rich in vitamin A, C & K. It is rich in magnesium, iron and manganese. It may benefit eye health & reduce blood pressure level.
I always make paneer at home, means it is hygienic also. On the other hand paneer/cotage cheese is rich in protein.
Read also: Indian veg recipes
It maintains blood sugar level and good for heart. So, lets make this super delicious, super healthy Palak Paneer Pulav today. Enjoy cooking.
|Business Tools Recommended by SugerMint
eCommerce Store Builder!
Online store for entrepreneurs
Preparation time – 20 to 25 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
Serves 2 person
Ingredients to make Palak Paneer Pulav:
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1 small onion paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon green chili paste
- 1 tomato puree
- 1/2 cup palak puree
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream
- 1/2 cup paneer cubes
Method to make Palak Paneer Pulao:
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin to it. When it crackles add ginger garlic paste to it and cook for 2 minutes at slow flame.
- Now add onion paste and green chili paste to it and again cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Time to add tomato puree and again cook for sometime.
- Now add palak puree and cook well for 4 to 5 minutes. When ready add salt, kasuri methi and cream to it. Cook well and at last add cooked rice to it. Mix carefully and simmer for 2 minutes covered.
- Transfer to the serving bowl and garnish with paneer cube and onion slice.
How to make Paneer:
- For making 125 to 150 gram paneer boil 500 ml milk and when it ia at boiling temperature add diluted lemon juice to it.
- Make sure to switch off the flame before adding lemon juice. When it curdle strain paneer and wash once or twice.
- Hang it in thin cloth or keep under weight for 30 minutes. Our homemade fresh paneer is ready to cut.
How to make palak/spinach puree:
- Wash and chop spinach. In a pan boil water, add some salt and few drops of oil to it. Add spinach to boiling water and cook for 2 minutes only.
- Remove from boiling water and immediately soak in cold or tap water to stop cooking process. When cool churn to make puree. You can add green chili before churning also.
How to cook rice:
- Wash and soak 1/2 cup basmati rice. In a big pan heat oil, let it come to boiling temperature, add some oil and lemon juice to it.
- If you like you may add some salt also. When water is at boiling temperature add soaked rice and let it cook up to 90%. Stir occasionally.
- When ready strain in strainer and wash with tap water to stop cooking process. Strain in a strainer to remove excess water.