Pav Bhaji is a very well known street food in India. All age group loves it. Actually, Pav Bhaji is a fast food dish from India consisting of a thick vegetable curry served with a soft bread roll called bun.
You may include so many vegetables in it like onion, garlic, tomato, potato, carrot, chilli, peas, bell pepper, cabbage, cauliflower etc.
It is an origin from Maharashtra. This dish was originated for the textile mill worker as a fast lunchtime dish in Mumbai. After that, it served at the restaurants and streets throughout the city.
This was the history of our very delicious Pav Bhaji. However, today I would like to show you the recipe of Pav Bhaji Balls.
Yes, you heard right we are going to make a super delicious starter with this very popular pav bhaji flavour.
It is very flavourful balls melt in mouth. They are crisp inside & soft inside. Best thing of this recipe is it contains many vegetables.
You can stuff a small cube of process cheese to make it creamier also. As this is a spicy ball, it is served with simple mayo dip.
You can serve it as starter or any time snack. I think it is a great idea for birthday party or kitty party also. So, let us enjoy cooking Pav Bhaji Balls.
Preparation time: 15 to 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes 10 to 12 balls
Ingredients to make Pav Bhaji Balls:
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon green chilli paste or crushed
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped capsicum
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoon grated cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon grated carrot
- 2 tablespoon boiled and roughly crushed green peas
- 2 tablespoon grated cabbage
- ½ cup boiled and grated potato
- 1 piece of bun powder or ½ cup fresh bread crumbs
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon pav bhaji masala
- 1 teaspoon dhaniya jeera powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
Oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon refined flour
- 1 tablespoon white corn flour
- Salt to taste
|Business Tools Recommended by SugerMint
Best Online Video Maker
to make Business Videos
Dry bread crumbs for coating
For creamy mayo dip:
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon grated cheese
- 2 tablespoon hung curd
- Salt if needed
- Pav bhaji masala to sprinkle
Method to make Pav Bhaji Balls:
- In a pan heat butter and oil and add green chilli, ginger & garlic paste to it. Cook for 1 minute and then add finely chopped onion. Cook until light pink in colour. Add finely chopped capsicum.
- Add finely chopped tomato to it and cook until soft. Now, it is time to add all dry spices and cook for few minutes. Add spoon full of water if needed. Cook properly.
- Add all vegetable excluding potato and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Let it cool at room temperature and then add potato and bread crumbs.
- Mix well and make equal balls from it. (At this time you can stuff it with small cheese cube.)
- Mix all ingredients of slurry and add water to it for making medium thick slurry. Mix well. Dip a ball in to it and immediately roll in dry breadcrumbs.
- Repeat it for remaining. Keep a side for 5 minutes and then repeat the same process for all balls.
- Heat oil in a pan and dip fry all the balls one by one at medium flame. Fry until golden brown. Drain on kitchen tissue.
- Hot and spicy Pav Bhaji Balls are ready to serve.
For creamy Mayo Dip:
- Take all ingredients of mayo dip and mix until smooth texture. Check and add salt if needed. Sprinkle some pav bhaji masala over it.