Ranveer Brar Biography: Indian celebrity chef, best Chef in India
Ranveer Singh Brar is very well known as Ranveer Brar. He is an Indian celebrity chef. He is also television & digital celebrity and the best Chef in India.
He was one of the Judges in the Cookery shoe MasterChef India. He is an author, restaurateur, food film producer & benefactor. Brar has started restaurants in India & abroad. He curated the menu of many more.
He began his television journey with Breakfast Xpress. It was followed by Snack Attack, Homemade & a travel-based food exploration show – The Great Indian Rasoi.
After that, he went on to do more shows like-Health Bhi Taste Bhi, Ranveer’s Café. It invited upcoming & established music artists, they were united in their love for food & many more.
Ranveer Brar was one of the judges for seasons four & six of MasterChef India. The show is based on the British competitive cooking game show.
In that show he was accompanied with chefs Sanjeev Kapoor (Season-4), Vikas Khanna (both seasons) & Vineet Bhatiya (Season-6).
Early life & education:
Ranveer was born on 8th February 1978 in Lucknow, India. Ranveer was born in a Jatt Sikh family. Ishwar Sing & Surinder Kaur were his parents.
He was inspired by the local Kebab vendors in Lucknow at a young. It led him to pursue his love for food. His passion led him to volunteer as an apprentice to one of them Munir Ustad.
Ranveer Brar joined Institute of Hotel Management, Lucknow for formal initiation in to the culinary word.
Ranveer married Pallavi Brar. The couple have a son named Ishaan.
Brar completed his education at IHM. After completion of education, he began his career at the Taj Hotel. He opened “Morisco” a seafood restaurant, “il Camino” an Italian restaurant and “Fishtail” a small open air barbeque eatery at Fort Aguada Beach Resort in Goa in 2001.
Ranveer Brar was a part of newly opened Radisson Blu Hotel, Noida in Delhi during 2003. At the age of 25, he became the youngest executive chef of his time in country.
He left for Boston, Massachusetts, United States. There, he opened “Banq” a fine Franco-Asian restaurant. Banq won numerous awards such as the Best New Restaurant in the World by the magazine “Wallpaper”.
After that, he was appointed as Corporate Chef for the One World Hospitality Group, one of the oldest restaurant groups in Boston. He joined Novotel, Juhu Beach, Mumbai, as the senior Executive Chef.
Ranveer Brar designed & created an executive menu for the MTV India chain of restaurants, launched by Viacom 18 consumer products wing. FLYP @MTV, the first restaurant opened in Delhi in Mid-December 2015.
He opened third instalment in Mumbai fall of 2017.In December 2015, he created & launched an ‘artisan’ line of meal kits in association with Haute Chef.
In spring 2016, he lunched a premium patisserie named English Vinglish in Mumbai. It was featuring fusion Indian desserts, breads & bakes.
In December 2016, he opened an all-vegetarian fine-dine restaurant in Mumbai, named TAG Gourmart Kitchen by Ranveer Brar. In 2017, he started a restaurant Mayura in GTA, Canada.
It is now permanently closed. Ranveer was responsible for the F&B conceptualization for the restaurants at the heritage property Alila at Bishangarh by Alila Hotels and Resorts.
Brar is associated with Royal Caribbean International for curating gourmet Indian food. It was served on two of their cruise lines on their Singapore sailings.
He is also associated with Thomas Cook India for curating the menu for niche Indian travelers traveling outside the India.
Ranveer is also associated with Mercedes-Benz India via the Ranveer Brar Culinary academy. It hosts cooking workshops and demos pan India, as part of the former’s Luxe Drive Live campaign.
Some of Ranveer Brar television & digital shows are as follow:
Zee Khana Khazana/Living Foodz/Zee Zest: Ranveer has hosted many cookery shows on Zee Zest (It was formery known as Zee Khana Khazana Channel & Living Foodz.)
- Breakfast Xpress & Snack Attack
- The Grand Indian Rasoi Season 1 & 2
- Health Bhi Taste Bhi
- Ranveer’s Café
- Food Tripping along with Chef Gautam Mehrishi
- Northern Flavours-Meethi Masti
- Global Menu
- In October 2018, he hosted Station Master’s Tiffin. It was a unique travel & food show based on Indian Railways for Living Foodz.
- In 2019, he hosted Himalayas the Offbeat Adventure. This landmark travel show covered lesser known places, tribes & cuisines across the Himalayas.
- Thank God Its Friday Season 1, 2 & 3 in association with Philips India on Zoom TV. For that show, he visited iconic eateries across India and recreated his own versions of their famous dishes in the Philips Air fryer.
- Ranveer curated & presented Secrets Behind Food for Sony BBC Earth comprising three shows named
*Food Factory Supersized &
- Brar hosted 2-seasons of Back to Roots & an explorative food show Raja Rasoi Aur Andaz Anokha on Epic TV. In that show he recreated food history & traditional recipes from across Indian regions set in an idyllic bungalow complete with traditional cooking implements.
- In November 2017, he featured as a Judge in a cooking reality show on Colors TV named Rasoi Ki Jung Mummyon ke Sung.
- In July 2016, he launched a new mini-video series (digital series) on Twitter named Ranveer On The Road. It covered his culinary sojourn through Australia, Turkey, Thailand & Seychelles.
- Again he hosted a successful digital series named Maa Ki Baat on his social media channels. He has over 4.1 million subscribers on his personal YouTube Channel.
- He hosted another digital series named Home Made Love. It presented festival special recipes from homemakers across different cuisines for TLC (TV network) India YouTube channel.
- He co-hosted You Got Chef’d by Gobble in association with Dewar’s along with John Dewar’s sons India brand ambassador Greg Benson for season 2 & 3. That show brought together celebrities from reel & digital world with a fun formate. They were challenged by Ranveer & Greg to finish ‘tasks’ to earn points & get Chefd.
Ranveer Brar Books:
In 2016, he launched his first book named Come Into My Kitchen. It was an autobiography covering his journey from the streets of Lucknow, through Boston to Mumbai & his culinary adventures & memories.
It was followed by another book named A Traditional Twist in association with Bertolli India. It was showcasing a myriad of Indian & Global recipes.
Ranveer Brar Mobile App:
In Beginning of 2019, Ranveer Brar launched his own mobile app in collaboration with Hungama Digital Media. It is a near exhaustive repository of all his recipes, presented in Text and visual formats.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
Image Source: https://ranveerbrar.com