Here is a very popular Indian traditional sweet Magas – Besan Ladoo with a little twist. In my family eating dry fruit is very difficult.
So I made the same traditional besan laddu with lots of roasted nuts. As it is winter I also add smooth powder-dry ginger powder.
That will give little spicy taste to this Nutty Besan Ladoo. As we all know dry ginger powder is very good for health. It contains thermogenic agents, that burns fat.
And it’s a perfect aid for a common clod. The most positive thing about this homemade recipe is that its shelf life is very long.
You can store it for a minimum of 1 month. In an older era when there was no refrigerator, my grandma used to make this Besan Ladoo.
This is one of my favorite anytime sweet. Even its a good option as a tiffin or lunch box sweet. Enjoy cooking.
Preparation time – 5 to 7 minutes
Cooking time – 8 to 10 minutes
Ingredients to make Nutty Besan Ladoo:
3/4 cup ghee-clarified butter
1 cup besan-gram flour
(I like besan but you may use coarse gram flour also.)
3/4cup caster sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg powder
2 to 3 tablespoon dry ginger powder
1/4 to 1/2 cup roasted and chopped nuts
(I used cashew, almond, walnut, and pistachio.)
Method to make Nutty Besan Ke Ladoo:
- In a heavy bottom, pan adds ghee and besan. Roast at slow flame until light brown in color. It will release a pleasant aroma. At this time add cardamom powder, ginger powder, and roasted nuts to it. Again roast for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the caster sugar and mix well. Switch of the flame now.
- Let it cool at room temperature. Make small laddus from the mixture.
- Store super delicious, healthy Nutty Besan Laddu in an airtight container.
- If you don’t want to make laddu, transfer the mixture in a greased tray, and then make pieces of desired shape and size.
- I always add sugar in the hot mixture to get rid of cough and cold. It is advisable to follow the same method if making for old age people or children.
- Even you can add Misri/Sakar powder also.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugarMint would like to share your success story with our readers.