Recipe for Kothimbir Vadi: Easy snack from the Maharashtrian cuisine
Kothimbir Vadi is a famous authentic Maharashtrian snack. It is a delicious and healthy Indian snack for the evening. Learn how to make Kothimbir Vadi at home. It’s a very easy and quick recipe for your evening breakfast .
It is said that start your day with a healthy breakfast is a must. But as per my thinking breakfast should be not only healthy, but it should be quick, easy and delicious also.
So here I have an easy Indian Snacks recipe. Let’s look at a recipe for Kothimbir Vadi, a famous authentic Maharashtrian snack for breakfast that can be made in less than 30 minutes.
Kothimbir/coriander is a fragrant and antioxidant herb. It can lower your blood pressure and promotes heart, skin, brain, and digestive health.
Sometimes it is known as cilantro also. As always I have added a twist in it and I was yummy. So let’s have a look at this homemade recipe of Kothimbir Vadi. Enjoy cooking.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time 15 to 20 minutes
Serves 4 person
Ingredients to make Kothimbir Vadi:
1/2 cup freshly chopped fenugreek leaves
1 Cup freshly chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste
1 Tablespoon Saffola Gold Oil
2 Tablespoon curd
2 Teaspoon finely chopped green chilies
1 Teaspoon ginger paste
1 1/2 cup gram flour – Fortune Besan
A pinch soda bicarb
Exotica Sesame Seeds – Til to sprinkle
Oil to shallow fry
To serve with:
Method to make Kothimbir Vadi:
- In a mixing bowl add fenugreek leaves, coriander leaves, curd, green chili, ginger, and curd. Mix well.
- Now add gram flour and again mix properly. Make a thick batter by adding water.
- Sprinkle soda bicarb and pour some hot oil over it, mix well.
- Grease steamer plate and pour the mixture in it. Sprinkle some sesame seeds over it and steam for 10 minutes or until cooked at the high flame in the hot steamer.
- When ready remove and rest for 10 minutes. Cut and shallow fry until crisp with some oil.
- Serve hot Kothimbir vadi with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
- Instead of shallow frying, frying can be done with the same recipe.
- Only coriander leaves can be used. Even only fenugreek leaves also can be used to get the same taste of methi pakora.
Read also: Why Saffola Active Oil is Good For Heart?
|Business Tools Recommended by SugerMint
Best Freelance Services
for your business