Celebrity chef, Sanjeev Kapoor is an Indian Entrepreneur, television personality, and host of Khana Khazana, the popular TV show based upon Indian cuisine.
Sanjeev Kapoor is an Indian celebrity chef, entrepreneur & television personality. He hosted the popular television show Khana Khazana. Khana Khazana was the longest cooking show in Asia.
In 2010, it was broadcasted in 120 countries & had over 500 million viewers. Sanjeev is the first chef in the world who own a 24 X 7 food & lifestyle channel.
His channel food food was launched in 2011. In 2017, he was awarded by fourth highest civilian award Padma Shri.
Early life of Sanjeev Kapoor
Kapoor was born on 10th April 1964 in Ambala, Punjab (now in Haryana), India. He spent his childhood in multiple North Indian cities.
His father was a banker. He has a brother & a sister. He is known as chef Sanjeev & Racharl Ray of India.
After completing the Diploma in Hotel Management from the Institute of Hotel Management Catering & Nutrition, Pusa, New Delhi, he began his career in hospitality industry in 1984.
He married to Alyona, she is also a part of his business. She works for Turmeric Vision PVT. LTD. The couple have two daughters, named Kirti & Rachita.
Career in hospitality industry
He worked for many hotels at different places from Varanasi to New Zealand. In 1992, he became Executive Chef of Centaur Hotel in Mumbai.
He is famous for his love to Indian cuisine. He was a part of following television shows Signature, Khazana, The Yellow Chilli, Pin yin Café, Gold Leaf Banquets, Sura Vie, Khana Khazana, and Master Chef India.
He is one of the key members of the International Culinary Panel of Singapore Airlines. Harvard Association publishes case study on Sanjeev Kapoor.
He has a very big fan club from the age group of 6 to 80 years. Men, women, children, soon-to-be-married girls, homemakers, professionals, mothers, mothers-in-law, grandmothers are his fans.
Sanjeev Kapoor is very close to their heart as we are living in a nation that loves to eat, cook & serve. Just log on to the internet or his channel get solution of all cooking related problems.
He is figured in the Reader’s Digest list of 100 of India’s Most Trusted people. His easy attitude, cheerful commentary and simple instructions make the most seemingly difficult recipes look easy to prepare.
The Government of India has recognized his popularity and contribution to Indian cuisine too, who conferred on him the National award of “Best Chef of India.”
He is on the panel of the Ministry of Tourism. He divides his time in abroad and India by doing cooking demonstrations and live food events.
Sanjeev Kapoor academy
The academy named Sanjeev kapoor academy is an online academy; it is specially created to help people re-discover the joy of cooking at home for their loved ones.
It also inspires people to build their own food business from home. They make sure to share tried & tested recipes from every cuisine available in the academy.
The aim of the academy is to release more n more courses in the time to help people to edge their skills & build bright future in the culinary world.
Awards and Achievements
- He received 4th highest civilian Award Padma Shri in 2017.
- Sanjeev is also the recipient of the Best Executive Chef of India Award by H & FS and the Mercury Gold Award at Geneva, Switzerland by Indian Federation of Culinary Associations.
- In 2017, he achieved Guinness World Record by cooking 918 kg khichdi live at World Food India, New Delhi.
- In 2015, he received ITA award as popular Chef & Entrepreneur (Zaika-E-Hind).
- In 2002, 2004 & 2010 again ITA awards for best cookery show (Khana Khazana) awarded him.
- He received National Award of ‘Best Chef of India’ by the Government of India for his popularity and contribution to Indian cuisine.
- He was ranked 31st in Reader’s Digest list of ‘100 of India’s most trusted persons’ and 34th in the Forbes list of ‘top 100 Indian celebrities’.
- He was in the panel of Judges for Master Chef India Season 3 & 4.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugarMint would like to share your success story with our readers.