SBI General Insurance launched its new vertical health insurance
State Bank of India General Insurance Company Limited (SBI General) announced the launch of its health insurance vertical under Sanjeevani. The product has been designed to provide comprehensive health coverage for individuals, families, and small businesses.
SBI General Insurance, one of India’s leading general insurance companies, today unveiled its new health insurance vertical.
The company aims to take advantage of the extensive footprint and network of its parent company State Bank of India to drive the penetration of health insurance in the Tier 3 and 4 markets across India.
The health product has a host of features that sets it apart from other health insurance products on the market. These include cover for pre-existing illnesses, an extensive range of benefits, and a customer-friendly claims process.
The company announced that through Vertical, it will handle in-house servicing of all health insurance claims to provide the best and hassle-free customer experience.
Commenting on the launch, PC Kandpal, MD & CEO, State Bank of India General, “At SBI General, we are committed to offering innovative products that provide our customers with the best possible coverage. It is a product that we are confident will address the needs of Indian consumers who are increasingly seeking comprehensive health coverage.”
The new vertical health insurance is available for purchase both online and through State Bank of India General’s network of branches across India. For more information or to buy a policy, please visit https://www.sbigeneral.in
“In the wake of the pandemic, the industry has seen a significant increase in demand for health insurance, in these circumstances; I am glad that State Bank of India General is focusing on the health insurance business through this new health insurance vertical. With all its capabilities, we aim to make SBI General one of the top three general health insurance companies in the next three years.” State Bank of India Managing Director (IB, T&S) Ashwini Kumar Tiwari said.
About SBI General Insurance
State Bank of India General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between the State Bank of India, the largest banking institution in India, and the Insurance Australia Group (IAG).
State Bank of India owns 74% of the company while IAG holds the remaining 26%. SBI General offers a range of insurance products for individuals, families, and businesses including health, motor, travel, home, and personal accident.
The company has a widespread network of branches and distributors across India and is committed to providing its customers with the best possible coverage at the most competitive prices. For more information about State Bank of India General, please visit https://www.sbigeneral.in
SBI General has a robust multi-distribution model encompassing Broking, Bancassurance, Digital tie-ups, Retail Direct Channels, and Agency.
The widespread network of distributors like 22000 plus Agents, SBI branches, OEMs, other financial alliances, and multiple digital partners enables they to extend their reach to the pocketed remote areas of India.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
SBI General Insurance has partnered with Apollo 24/7 to focus on health insurance. This partnership is to offer access to various health services offered by Apollo 24/7 to SBI General’s customers including tele/video medical consultations verified Apollo doctors anywhere, at any time, with specialists across fields.
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance launches Health Add-ons for comprehensive protection
- List of General Insurance Companies in India – IRDA Registered Non-life Insurers