Steamed Rice Flour Balls: Healthy Indian Recipe
Starters, we love starters. But somehow starters are full of fat and fried. That means not healthy.
So I tried to make a healthy yet delicious starter. Actually, this is a delicate and beautified version of Gujarat’s famous dish Khichu.
This famous recipe Khichu is made from rice flour. It is very delicious and easy to digest. Normally vegetables are not used in this recipe, but to make it healthier I tried to add some colorful vegetables like corn, capsicum, carrot, etc.
Of oh I forget to tell you the name of this tiny and delicious dish, that’s Steamed Rice Flour Balls. It is very easy to make with step by step procedures.
Let’s cook Steamed Rice Balls today. Enjoy cooking.
- Preparation time – 5 to 7 minutes
- Cooking time – 15 to 17 minutes
- Makes 10 to 12 balls approx.
Ingredients to make Steamed Rice Flour Balls:
- 1 cup of rice flour
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped capsicum
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoon sweer corn
Oil for greasing
Achar masala to sprinkle
Method to make Steamed Rice Flour Balls:
- Wash and chop carrot and capsicum.
- In a saucepan add water, salt, and oil. Let it come to the boiling point.
- At this stage add sweet corn, carrot, and green chilies to it. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Now add cumin, capsicum, and rice flour. Mix properly and switch off the flame. Cover and rest for 10 minutes.
- Take the mixture to flat plate and knead like dough.
- Make equal size balls from it.
- Heat water in steamer and grease steamer plate with oil. Place all balls over it and steam for 10 minutes at high flame.
- Rest for 2 minutes and then carefully remove it from the steamer. Directly place on serving plate and then brush with oil and sprinkle some achar masala.
- Our piping hot Steamed Rice Flour Balls are ready to serve.
You can add or omit your choice of vegetables. If you have to make a large quantity of rice flour balls then make all balls and then again steam for 2 minutes at the time of serving. Make sure to brush oil and sprinkle achar masala at the time of serving only.
|Business Tools Recommended by SugerMint
Best Online Video Maker
to make Business Videos