Here it is a success story of Shahnaz Husain, Female entrepreneurs, Founder, Chairperson, and managing director of The Shahnaz Husain Group in India.
This is an inspirational story of an Indian entrepreneur who overcame tragedy in her entrepreneurial journey to success.
We hope you find the motivational story of Shahnaz Husain who face several societal obstacles in her entrepreneurial journey to success useful and inspiring through your entrepreneurial journey and will keep you inspired.
Who is Shahnaz Husain?
Shahnaz Husain was born in Samarkhand on 5 November 1944 in a conservative Muslim household.
She is the daughter of Justice Nasir Ullah Beg, a former Chief Justice of Ahmedabad High Court and Sayeeda Begum. Her grandfather, Justice Samiullah Beg, was a politician.
She studied at St. Mary’s, Allahabad. At early age she married with Nasir Husain, they have two children. While Nasir Husain was posted in Tehran, she studied Ayurveda in Iran.
Then she completed her training in cosmetic therapy and cosmetology. After returning to India, she started Women’s world at New Delhi. The then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi frequently visited her.
Her daughter Nelofar is taking her legacy forward. She is also the author of Shahnaz Husain’s biography “Flame”.
Husain married at the age of 15 and she continued studying after marriage. She was a mother by the time she was 16.
In 1999, her husband whom she was “madly in love with,” died of cardiac arrest and her son Sameer Husain committed suicide in 2008.
The pioneer of ayurvedic treatments
Shahnaz came across instances of damage caused by chemical treatments while training in London and seen the side effects of chemical treatments so closely.
Husain wanted to find a safer alternative of chemical treatments. She had already started looking at herbal products as a solution.
Her extensive study of Ayurveda convinced her that it could be the perfect solution.
Because of lack of awareness, in India, women would get hair styling and beauty treatments without considering the effect on their hair and skin. She came back to India in 1971 and launched her first herbal salon in in her home.
Shahnaz, the pioneer of organic beauty care adopted the principle of ‘care and cure,’ and started founded herbal beauty care in India.
She rejected all the existing cosmetic treatment concept of beauty and adopted her own. Over the years, she has changed the face of beauty products in India.
Shahnaz Husain was known for her product innovation. She has evolved more than 375 formulations for treatment of skin and scalp disorders, general beauty care, health and fitness.
Her study of Ayurveda, strengthened her faith in nature, the Indian holistic system of herbal healing, finding that it could offer the ideal answers to preventive, protective, and even corrective cosmetic-care.
About The Shahnaz Husain Group:
She opened her first herbal clinic in 1971 as adopted the concept of Herbal Care and Cure and over the next few years formed The Shahnaz Husain Group.
She formulated therapeutic products especially for skin and hair problems. Even her premium ranges for skin care are 24 Carat Gold, Oxygen, Diamond, Pearl, Plant Stem Cells and Platinum Range etc.
They also sell their products online at shahnaz.in. They have over 400 franchise ventures across the world. They are covering over 138 “without animal testing” countries also.
In 1979, their first franchise clinic was opened in Calcutta. Within a year, there were 80 franchise clinics in India. In 1982, they opened their first franchise clinic in London.
The group also operates its premium Ayurveda Salon and Spa treatment centre in New Delhi; it offers a line of proprietary treatments for skin, hair and body.
The Shahnaz Husain Group has over 400 franchise clinics, spas, schools, shops, as well as Ayurvedic formulations for skin, hair, body and health care and estimated 1,50,000 stores in 138 countries.
Today, in India, it is the most trusted brand in the Indian herbal cosmetics industry.
In recent interview for Harvard Business School’s creating Markets project, she described the growth, origins and development of her business and explaned how her innovative approach to beauty made her products a global success.
Shahnaz Husain all Products:
The company offers a wide range of skin care, and body care, and hair products including facial kit and mehndi that are natural, pure, safe and effective.
Best Ayurvedic compositions and rare Himalayan herbs are some of the specialties of this brand. This range consists of beauty products and hair products including therapeutic products for specific hair and skin problems.
- Herbal Range: beauty products and hair products
- Flower Botanic Range: Henna powder, moisturiser, hair conditioning lotion, hair-conditioning powder, rejuvenating mask, nourishing cream
- Stem Cell Range: Plant Stem Cell Skin Renewal Cream, Vedapharma Plant Stem Cell Skin Beautifying Mask, Plant Stem Cell Skin Redensifying Serum.
Shahnaz Husain Hair Products:
- Shahnaz Forever Henna Precious Herb Mix, Shahnaz Husain Hair Touch-Up Plus
- Colourveda Natural Hair Colour, Shalocks Plus Ayurvedic Oil, Rosemary Thyme Hair Conditioner, Professional Power Hair Oil, Hair Mascara Plus – Instant Glamour Hair Colour,
- Neem Hair Oil, Shaoint – Hair Formula, Silver-Sheen Shampoo, Anti-Hair Fall Serum,
- Sharinse Plus – Anti Dandruff Lotion, Shatone Plus Herbal Scalp Tonic, Organic Herbal Shampoo, Shagrow Plus – Cleanser Cum Conditioner ,Shacare – Hair Treatment Powder,
- Shacare – Hair Treatment Powder, Salt & Pepper Hair Oil, Flower Botanics – Carnation-Hibiscus Hair Conditioner,
- Flower Botanics – Poppy-Jasmine Henna Powder, Flower Power Ayurvedic Henna Treatment Powder
Face Care & Makeup:
- Herbal Sindoor, Fair One Plus Natural Fairness Cream, Oops Acne Control All Day Gel, Oops Face Wash 50 Gms
- Tulsi Neem Face Wash, Total Care Day Long Sun Block, Stay on Stick Kajal, Shabride – Herbal Sindoor
- Shahmaz Ayurvedic Body Care Cleanser, Total Care Day Long Sunscreen Gel, Lip Balm Lip Care & Shine
- Professional Power Skin Tonic, Shaface Herbal Face Treatment, Shacover Foundation, Oxygen Plus Skin Cream
- Shatex Plus Texturising Protein Mask, Bioorganic Oil, Beauty Balm Plus – Anti-Wrinkle Cream.
Body Care Products:
- Shahnaz Husain Deodorant, Slimcal Slim & Trim Capsules, Hand Wash – Herbal Hand Sanitizer, Shafair Plus Ayurvedic Fairness Soap, Oxygen Sea Wave Soap, Slimcal Anti-Cellulite Gel
- Softening Skin Wash – Almond Shower & Cream, Skin Clarifying Tonic – Skin Treatment Lotion
- Slimcal Plus Slimming Oil, Shadew Plus Turmeric Treatment formula
- Shafair Ayurvedic Fairness Soap, Shahnaz Husain Galimard Perfume
Awards & Recognition:
Shahnaz Husain has received many prestigious awards for her contribution to the beauty industry; some of her achievements of that time included:
- In 1989, she received the “Bharat Nirman award”
- Shahnaz Husain often hailed as the “Queen of Beauty Care” has received internationally for pioneering the herbal beauty care movement. She has taken the Indian herbal heritage of Ayurveda worldwide.
- In 2006, Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award, awarded her. The government of India awarded her for the contribution to the fields of trade and industry. Harvard Business School invited her to speak about her success story.
- In 1995, Shahnaz the “Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Award” for promoting Herbalcare and Ayurveda
- How she established an international brand without a commercial advertisement. It also became a Havard Case Study, which is included in its curriculum.
- She often invited to prestigious business schools abroad. She has lectured to students of the London School of Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and the University of Oxford. She also represented India at President Barack Obama’s Summit for entrepreneurs.
- She won Success Magazine’s “World’s Greatest Woman Entrepreneur” award in 1996. She has spoken at the House of Lords and House of Commons in the British Parliament. Even she has walked the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival.
- In 2006, Shahnaz received the “Woman of the Year Udyog Ratan Award”
- She introduced the concept of herbal cosmetics in India. The Shahnaz Husain Group is best known for its herbal cosmetics, hair products, beauty products, facial kit, mehndi, particularly skincare products ‘without animal testing.
Corporate social responsibility:
Shahnaz Husain empowered the physically challenged people (speech, hearing and visually impaired) for free beauty training course. Her beauty book has been put into Braille.
Shahnaz Husain has tied up with Government skill development for beauty and wellness.
Her beauty academy has trained and certified more than 40,000 underprivileged women. Even they have to distribute tool kits for a home-based business.
Shahnaz Husain, Female entrepreneurs
Shahnaz indeed is an example of women empowerment and is an inspiration for all of us. Females who are wishing to become a female entrepreneur, her inspirational story may encourage you to solve real-world problems or discover a unique idea.
|Business Tools Recommended by SugerMint
Best Online Video Maker
to make Business Videos
Shahnaz Husaini’s journey is nothing less than an inspiration. We hope you find the inspiring success story of Indian Female entrepreneurs useful and inspiring through your entrepreneurial journey and will keep you inspired.