The world seems to progress after the pandemic. The businesses are opening; cases are decreasing; vaccines are distributed widely; everything is ramping up to be normal again. New strategies will make the “new normal” in favor of striving businesses.
When the world has gone into lockdown, the business underwent a major crisis. They either must shift to work-from-home or been forced to limit their operations.
Now the situation has started to give hope. Businesses have the responsibility to take up new strategies that fit the existing world.
As in the case of the last economic recession, a few companies started to gain growth while recovering.
There is another case where a temporary change in business, consumer behavior, and market-led to lasting impact.
Kevin Sneader and Shubham Singhal write in McKinsey that in this new reality, post-pandemic, the world would undergo a dramatic restructuring in the economic and social order.
The business and society operated for years will change. By reassessing the growth opportunities post-pandemic, reconfiguring their business models, and reallocating their finances efficiently business can draw their survival strategy.
The pandemic has changed the consuming behavior of the people. As of a study on habit formation, the average time to form a new habit is 66 days.
But continuous lockdowns, economic instability, and fear of uncertainty fostered a poor consumption rate that is significantly affecting demand and the supply chain.
To emerge out of this customer behavior affecting your business companies must develop a system to understand which of their products might get affected.
A few strategies explained here would bring remarkable improvement in the business.
Adaptability to Changed Market
The pandemic, economic recession, and fast-changing environment demand businesses to adapt to the “new normal”. For organizations to strive and thrive, adaptability is the key.
A business that wants to see growth in this environment must rearrange its business strategies. Some of the changes that help businesses are:
- The C-suite executives should prioritize adaptability as an essential trait of their organization.
- Conduct an institute change that sustains the desired change vision. As disruptions in the market increase, making a sustainable change is crucial for stagnant organizations.
- Learn the industry trends and predict the next big thing. Leaders having a better instinct to these unexpected changes and trends are best to manage the change.
- Making a better-informed decision. To be a successful organization better access to information, knowledge with clear insights and quick steps to recover is crucial.
- Rethinking the business model for the new market demand. Increased change of customer behavior in your field seeks you to configure whether the current model works. You need to ask questions related to your production, partnership, and customer attitude towards your industry and your brand.
Digital Transformations in Business
- In the age of digitalization of every business, you should also try your hands in digital transformation. The pandemic accelerated the need for digital and technology-driven businesses around the globe. By taking transformations, like work-from-home or setting an online shop, all the industries have undergone a super-fast change after the pandemic.
- Most retail businesses and a few others suffered from the pandemic have adopted to provide online services. It is time for companies to think about what kind of service they can provide online. With businesses moving to digital stores, online customer engagement through social media needed to be ignored, if not taking the power of social media seriously.
- When you are moving to digital stores, choosing the platforms, the top firms like, Google, Amazon, and Flipkart or your website, that are well suited for your products is essential. The platform of your choice decides your competition and marketing strategies.
- In a Forbes interview, Scott Jones, the CEO of the 123Internet Group, provided the data on a spike in the companies who wanted to create new or updated websites, new social media campaigns, and e-commerce. Through the data it is evident, increase in a shift to online spaces and services makes your business run efficiently. Moving everything to online set your apart from your competitors and create your market space. Some of the ideas to give a pinch of taking and providing online services include:
- Investing in customer relationship management (CRM) software which yields high ROI.
- Conducting webinars on industry-specific topics or service and product usage engages the target audience.
- Using online media monitoring services to source data insights.
- Taking your products or services to an online selling platform of your own or third-party.
Going deep into Data analytics
Futuristic insights have arrived from the data of the present. A Google-led study on 2,000 IT leaders highlighted the importance of data analytics and intelligence solutions.
54% of companies termed as “digital natives” are using advanced data analytics tools vs. 37% of the global average.
These companies understood that digital data tools make them resilient, agile, and future-ready.
Data of their own, competitors, and industry are important to drive insightful data for survival and growth.
To make real-time decisions companies need to incorporate new data and create new models. This also enables them to forecast demand and manage assets according to their new volume.
One of the ways in extracting the data and insights is media monitoring. It extracts what people talk about your company online and offline.
When customers talk about a brand, they are organic. It enables businesses to identify their brand value, customer satisfaction level, business mistakes, and opportunities.
The advantages of using a media monitoring tool over traditional analysis help to stay updated with trends give accurate information and are easy and affordable.
Media monitoring is useful to analyze competitors and industry trends as well. It helps to take perspectives based on the qualitative and the quantitative data available over media.
Economically and socially viable path to surviving post-pandemic situation in the business world needs more than strategies.
It needs a method of thinking about the problem and a way to take up the strategies, step after step. McKinsey describes 5 qualities for business leaders to survive the new normal:
- Resolve to take quick decisions and actions than being paralyzed for a longer period.
- Resilience to fight against economic fall and building methods for growth.
- Return to normal operations for effective production and operation as necessary.
- Reimagination to exploring vulnerabilities and opportunities of your business in terms of customer behavior and market response.
- Reform the models and policies according to the changing environment and government policies.
Falling back to the old norms of the business is not going to help in the “new normal” market. Try and test these strategies and decide what works best. Experimenting and inferring is the best strategy post-pandemic.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugarMint would like to share your success story with our readers.