If we talk about old times then period products were restricted to sanitary pads only but nowadays there are many options available like sanitary pads, tampons, panty liners, menstruation cups, etc.
Not only these products but there are many things available which help you in maintaining period hygiene.
Here we are not talking about all these products. We are here to discuss a topic on which most of the women are confused.
So let us discuss sanitary pads vs tampons in detail so that you can choose the best product for yourself to make your periods more comfortable.
Here we are going to cover the following topics:
- What are tampons?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of using tampons.
- What are sanitary pads?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of using sanitary pads.
- Which one is better?
What are Tampons ?
Many people don’t exactly know what tampons are, so tampons are period products that are inserted in your vaginal canal and absorb the fluid of periods in it. It comes in different sizes. One tampon works for 7-8 hours for effective absorption. Sometimes the time may vary as per your flow.
Advantages and Disadvantages of using Tampons
Here are some advantages of using tampons:
•The best advantage of using tampons is that you can swim in them.
•Most people feel disgusted to have sex during periods but by using tampons you can have sex while wearing them.
• It helps in maintaining the pH level of your vagina and ensures that you don’t get any infection.
• Once they are inserted you don’t even feel like anything down there.
• It doesn’t cause irritation or skin rashes which are caused by pants. As it’s your choice to wear pants while wearing a tampon.
• They are available in different sizes and colours from which you can choose according to your convenience.
• There is no worry about leakage and they provide you protection for a longer period.
Here are some disadvantages of using tampons:
•One of the biggest disadvantages of Tampons is that many women are afraid to use them as they are inserted inside your vagina.
•Next disadvantage that most women face is that by using a tampon you don’t get any idea about when to change it or when it’s filled.
• As we all know tampons are made of non-biodegradable materials like Polypropylene, chlorine, Dioxins which are harmful to the environment.
• Tampons are also not good for health as they can cause a higher risk of toxic shock syndrome TSS. It is caused because the vagina develops strep bacteria which are absorbed into the bloodstream.
So this was all the discussion about tampons that you must know. Now we are going to give you information about sanitary pads.What are sanitary pads?
Sanitary pads are those period products that are used for absorbing period blood. If we talk about tampons then they are worn inside the vagina but sanitary pads are stuck to your pants and absorb the blood which comes out of your vagina.
Experts advise your sanitary pads after every 4-5 hours as if you wear sanitary pads for a longer period there is a high chance that vagine can enter through your vagina and cause infection. Nowadays there are many sizes and types of sanitary pads available on the market.
Advantages and Disadvantages of using sanitary pads
Here are some advantages of using sanitary pads:
•They are easily available at any medical store near you.
• Sanitary pads are easy to wear and no women face any problem wearing a pad.
• It is easy to change a pad rather than a tampon as there will be no chances of getting all messy.
• There are fewer chances of getting toxic shock syndrome TSS when you use a pad, unlike tampons which have a higher risk of getting toxic shock syndrome TSS.
Here are some disadvantages of using sanitary pads:
•One of the most critical disadvantages of sanitary pads is that they contain chemicals like dioxin which is harmful to your health.
• They are non-biodegradable and harmful to the environment.
• Sanitary pads are made up of cotton on which farmers spray pesticides that are present on the pad. The pesticides can also harm your immune system or may cause many serious problems.
• Some sanitary pads companies add fragrance to their pads to eliminate the period smell. But the chemicals are harmful to your health.
• There are many harmful effects on health and you may get diseases like rashes, vaginal allergies, cancer in the ovaries, and many more.
As we have talked about what is the meaning of tampons and pads and what are the advantages and disadvantages of tampons and pads.
We can say that both the things have their own advantages and disadvantages like tampons can be worn for a longer period and it can absorb more flow but pads can be worn only for a small time
and there are high chances of leakage.
It is very difficult to tell which one is the best because it all depends on your choice and convenience. If you want to use or try tampons then you can easily buy tampons online.
We provide you with the best tampons online at a reasonable price. There are many tampons online listed but we provide you the best as our product is biodegradable which does not cause any harm to the environment and they are available in many sizes and ranges which you can choose according to your flow. To buy the best tampons online visit our site.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories