Better Life – Healthcare at the Last Mile”– a for-profit, primary healthcare driven medical centre
During the last COVID-19 scenario in India, the urban healthcare infrastructures received a lot of attention and support from various avenues but their rural counterparts suffered the most.
Even if the COVID scare wasn’t the only thing that led to the jeopardizing of the rural healthcare system, absence of doctors and paramedical personnel in the rural hospitals and dispensaries led to no treatment of even routine cases including pregnant mothers and children.
Also the lockdown meant that people couldn’t travel to cities for treatment as there was no transportation available. Many lost their lives just because no vehicle could be arranged to take them to a hospital.
This condition inspired Dr Sayantani Bhattacharjee, a gynaecologist based in Guwahati, to give up a lucrative urban career, and to start a healthcare organization in rural Assam that would provide affordable, accessible, convenient, sustainable and quality-driven primary healthcare services to all, at the last mile.
The key idea was to establish the urban concept of “Polyclinic – all services under one roof” in rural areas so that people would not have to depend on difficult logistics to receive primary healthcare, so that nobody was left to die, just because s/he didn’t live in a city.
Dr Sayantani Bhattacharjee is a gynaecologist & holds a MBA degree in Healthcare Management. She has a rich cross functional experience of 17 years of working with various kinds of healthcare organizations, both at the grass-root and corporate levels.
She has been in top leadership positions in various corporate hospitals in West Bengal and Assam.
She is extremely passionate about last mile healthcare and truly believes that small, innovative efforts can create a phenomenal impact in this sector.
Dr Sayantani Bhattacharjee
She is the founder and CEO of “Better Life – Healthcare at the Last Mile”. This organization is based in the tea garden corridor of lower Assam and envisions providing affordable, accessible, convenient, sustainable and quality-driven primary healthcare services to all, at the last mile. She envisions footprints of this enterprise all across North – Eastern India.
Thus was born “Better Life – Healthcare at the Last Mile”– a for-profit, primary healthcare driven medical centre that includes a multi specialty family clinic, diagnostic centre, day care and pharmacy.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
Better Life envisions establishing a chain of such multi-facility, primary health care clinics that are committed to deliver affordable preventive and curative services to all, in last mile areas across the North East.
Facilities available at Better life:
- Doctor Consultation
- Ultrasound (Every Sunday)
- 24 X 7 ECG
- Health Checks
- 24 X 7 Pharmacy
- Injection Services
- Treatment Room
- Eye Clinic
- Iud Insertion
- Family Plannng & Contraception Services
- Diabetes & Hypertension Management
- Antenatal Check Up
- Labor Room
- Ambulance Services
- 24 X 7 Emergency Care
Some of the “First Ever” are as follows:-
- 1ST Woman’s Health Camp held
- Fetal Anomaly Scan – a special scan to identify any congenital defects in a baby inside the mother’s womb – the first ever in Udalguri
- Women’s Health Package – inaugurated on International Women’s Day – first ever in Udalguri
- •Introduced INJECTABLE CONTRACEPTIVE – the first ever in Udalguri
- Collaborated with FITBHIM – for children’s nutrition – first ever in Udalguri
- Collaborated with NGO “Sadichsa” – empowering women to make masks
- Inauguration of our OXYGEN CONCENTRATOR MACHINE—- the first ever in Udalguri
- Introducing COVID IMMUNE CARE PACK to fight Corona
- TROP I TEST – For heart attack patients – the first ever in Udalguri
- PAP SMEAR TEST FOR CERVICAL CANCER SCREENING – the first ever in Udalguri
- Typhoid Vaccination drive – the first ever in Udalguri
- Introduced BL PRO + – our own brand of protein supplement powders, that aims to provide nutritional supplements to cater to nutritional disorders among people of all ages here, at an affordable cost.
- Health packages for Men, Women, Kids and Diabetics – the first ever in Udalguri
- Started FREE DIET CHARTS provided for chronic illnesses like hypertension, diabetes, kidney patients, etc
- Recognized as DOTS CARE CENTRE for TUBERCULOSIS patients by the Govt of Assam – the first private healthcare organization to receive this ever in Udalguri
- Started pick up and drop vehicles for patients – the first ever in Udalguri
- Introduced HOME COLLECTION FACILITY FOR BLOOD SAMPLES for the benefit of patients
- Started our Round the Clock 24 x 7 service from Sept 1
- Better Life Pharmacy becomes the first ever Night Pharmacy in this region
- Started LOYALTY DISCOUNT PROGRAME – the first ever in Udalguri – AT Better Life Pharmacy
Achievements of Better Life
- Clocked a turnover of 1 Cr plus
- Served more than 3500 beneficiaries till date
- The biggest pharmacy in this region
- More than 2000 Ultrasounds done so far
- More than 500 ECGs done so far