Learn how to make Tawa Pulav at home with easy steps. I think pulav is an easy option for beginners. It is healthy and we can say it can be a single meal lunch or dinner.
We can add so many vegetables as per our choice and availability. Here I tried to make a veg tawa pulav. It’s a little different than normal veg pulav.
As I added pav bhaji masala along with biriyani masala. If you like you can avoid adding biriyani masala. Normally people order this delicious Veg Tawa Pulav with Pav Bhaji.
Even you can add some bhaji to this pulav also. It can make a perfect meal with veg. Raita or simple curd also. Enjoy cooking.
- Preparation time – 15 minutes
- Coking time – 20 to 25 minutes
- Serves – 2 people as a single dish
Ingredients to make Veg Tawa Pulav:
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 big onion medium chopped
- 1 small capsicum chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped and parboiled carrot
- 1/2 cup parboiled chopped cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon pav bhaji masala
- 1 tablespoon biriyani masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 8 to 10 cashews
Method to make Veg, Tawa Pulav:
- Soak and cook rice. Don’t forget to add salt, oil and lemon juice before boiling soaked rice.
- For boiling rice take 2 1/2 cup water in a big pan and add salt, oil and lemon juice to it. Let it boil and then add soaked rice to it carefully.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked. When ready drain hot water and carefully shower some tap water to stop the cooking process. Make sure to drain water. Keep aside.
- Heat oil and add cashews to it. Fry until light pink and remove. Keep aside.
- Now add crushed garlic to it. Let the moisture burn and then add onion to it. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes and then add all vegetables to it. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes at medium flame. Now add all spices and cook for 2 minutes.
- It’s time to add butter to it and mix well.
- Now add cooked rice to it and mix carefully. Cook for 2 minutes covered and then transfer to serving bowl. Garnish with fried cashews.
- Hot and healthy Veg Tawa Pulav is ready to eat.
- Serve it with plain curd or mix veg raita.
- To make raita whisk curd with hand whisker. (Never use an electric beater for this.) Add finely chopped onion, capsicum, carrot, mint leaves to it. At last add salt and roasted cumin powder to it. Mix well.
- You can add or omit the choice of vegetables to Raita and Pulav.
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugarMint would like to share your success story with our readers.