Some liquids and solids emit toxic gases known as VOCs. There are a variety of VOC analysis that can harm your health, some for a short time, others for a long time.
Additionally, VOC concentrations are 10 times higher indoors than outdoors, and several easily accessible products emit this hazardous compound. Testing for volatile Organic Compounds in the environment is called VOC monitoring.
Paint, wax, varnish, cosmetic products, disinfectant products, and cleaning products are all laced with VOCs. Using or storing these products emits harmful gases.
Regardless of whether the homes were located in rural or highly industrialized areas, the Total Exposure Assessment Methodology (TEAM) reported higher levels of organic pollutants inside.
Find out why monitoring air quality is important
In addition, it can be hazardous to view the results of this activity in the air for a long time after it has been completed because the organic pollutants can persist.
VOC sources: primary sources
Organic pollutants are released by a number of household products, including –
- Dry-cleaned clothing
- Wood preservatives
- Hobby supplies
- Aerosol sprays
- Paints and other solvents
- Automotive products
- Stored fuels
- Adhesives and glues
- Furnishings and building materials
- Printers and copiers
- Permanent markers
VOC (volatile organic compounds) health effects
In most cases, we use these products on a daily basis without being aware that they may adversely affect our health. In addition to causing various health problems, VOCs also contribute to –
- Human and animal cancer
- Migraine and headaches are severe
- Brain, liver, and kidney damage
- Symptoms of irritation include nasal, eye, and throat irritation
Following are some signs and symptoms to watch for as a result of these health effects.
- Conjunctival irritation
- Allergic skin reaction
- Throat and nose uneasiness
- Cholinesterase levels decline over time
Its toxicity level and the duration of exposure to VOCs are largely responsible for the health effects caused by organic chemicals. Exposure at high levels can cause the following symptoms:
- Respiratory tract and eye uneasiness
- Memory impairment
- Visual disorder
Reducing exposure to VOCs
- The ventilation should be increased
- Keep unused paints away from open containers
- Follow the instructions on household products
- Reduce the use of pesticides with pest management techniques
- Purchase as little material as possible, don’t buy in excess
- Do not let children or pets use the products
- Always follow the directions on the label when mixing household products
- Follow the label instructions carefully
The likelihood of being exposed to VOCs is extremely low if you observe the above mentioned points.
It is reported that the level of organic pollutants in the air increases by more than a thousand times immediately following certain activities such as paint stripping.
You should be certain that the level of organic pollutants is being monitored and measured either by using electronic detectors or by seeking professional services.
Monitoring and testing for VOCs at your home or in your office is done by trained professionals and will help you keep the levels under control.
Providing VOC sampling Test and Monitoring Services both for businesses and households, Perfect Pollucon Services is the right company for you.
Monitoring or testing of VOCs
- Reduce the emissions of VOCs by implementing an organized program for solvent management
- Identify and reduce VOC leaks within the organization
- Determine how your company can continuously improve its environmental performance
- Comply with government notifications regarding health, safety, and the environment
- Improve efficiency and profitability by optimizing process flows
A company that tests for VOCs
|Are you an
Entrepreneur or Startup?
Do you have a Success Story to Share?
SugerMint would like to share your success story.
We cover entrepreneur Stories, Startup News, Women entrepreneur stories, and Startup stories
As a leading provider of VOC testing for consumers and businesses, Perfect Pollucon Services has been in business for over 20 years. If you would like to know your home or office’s VOC levels, contact our experts right away.